Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 08, 2010

My Year at the Gym 2009 and My 2010 Mulling-It-Over List

Looking back at the year’s work out totals. Includes time spent at the gym only. Here are the figures:

Worked Out for an hour plus 220 times last year or 4.23 times a week.

There were a couple of weeks when I couldn’t work out at all due to some minor surgeries I was having throughout the year. I never went in on the weekends or during holidays.

That’s a decent amount of working out. Still, I don’t know why, but I am disappointed in the number. Something to work on for the new year, I guess.

I have also decided to get out of my comfort zone and try new things in the gym. I am slowly working in new ideas – mostly aerobic, stretching and yoga-type exercises. I am also challenging myself to attend some group classes. I did a few in November and December and found that you are so busy exercising you really don’t have anytime to be bothered by the people around you.

It’s very hard to let go of those dumbbells, though and break out of my rut. I end up fearing that I will be wasting my time if I do something other than weight/strength training. I am promising myself that when I hit the treadmill I will not try to run too fast. I promise to continue to concentrate on good form and not get caught up in the whole macho mindset where you find yourself working with too heavy weights.

Things I’m mulling over:

My I-Pod needs some serious updating. There are tunes on there I hope I never hear again. When I work out I keep it on shuffle. There are over a 1,000 songs on the thing, but I swear the same annoying ones keep popping up.

To shave or not to shave? My ass – I have guys tell me not to shave, because it irritates their dick and I have guys who tell me it’s one of the primary reasons they want to fuck my ass. You can’t please everyone, but it would be nice to please someone. That said, the whole body hair maintenance thing is getting on my nerves just a bit. It takes a lot of time. So I guess I need to find the time and do it right. I have yet to shave my back. I would like that done… preferably the day before I go to Chicago on a debauchery filled weekend.

Have a debauchery filled weekend in Chicago. There is this club called Hole I have yet to get to. There is also a naughty movie theatre and a couple of glory holes I would like to check out. I have never done a glory hole in my life, but it looks fun on X-Tube. Whether the filth and smell will outweigh the adventure aspect of it all – well, I guess I need to go find that out. I would also like to go by myself and host guys at my hotel room. I’d live like a vampire and sleep during the day.

I have to start saying no to anyone who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It really makes for awful sex and people who mute their lives with those kind of things tend to make poor choices, and I make enough of those all by myself. I don’t need to wake up the next day and deal with the consequences of their previous actions. That said – I need to take a firm stance re: barebacking. I toss this one around all the time – waffling back and forth. It seems sexy. Looks sexy on X-Tube and bbrts. But can I deal with the realities? Am I being a pussy? Or is common sense trying desperately to win out on this one?

I would love to report that I plan on limiting my number of sexual partners in the coming year, but sadly, the gay community will have to put up with my ass (shaved or unshaven) on the internet for yet another year. I know that if I could just find three or four guys who I clicked with and to whom I had reasonable access, I could limit my scope. Unfortunately, that just ain’t happening. The guys I do click with tend to have schedules that do not jive with my own and all we end up doing after our initial couple of fucks is email back and forth trying to ascertain a time that might work for another round of fun. So, expect more slutty stories in the coming year coming from yours truly.

I would like to be with guys who are as interested in my dick as I am in theirs.

I would like there to be more kissing in 2010.

I look forward to the summer and am already harboring fantasies about a certain bicycle enthusiast steering north on Wirth Parkway in order to come to the prairie, where we will get butt-ass naked and do nasty, pleasurable things to one another. Actually, I just want to see him naked. No, actually, I do want to do nasty, pleasurable things to him. (Hey… you get through the winter your way, I’ll get through it my way.)

By the way, I was going to do a year end tally of my sexual exploits (yes, I’ve been keeping a sex diary of sorts). However, I didn’t start the thing until March of 2009, so I will not be posting a full year of stats until then. So look for that posting in March. I recently went for 29 days without getting fucked up the ass. It was a long 29 days. That isn’t to say that my mouth was not busy during that time and I even managed to top a couple of times, but even with that lag in activity the numbers are – well, depending on your take on the whole slut thing – either awesome, awe inspiring, or really, really gross and damning.

My diet. I eat too much. I eat all the time. I want to eat all the time. I need to stop eating all the time. I need to limit my portion sizes. Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi. Shut up already. Okay, the portion size thing is something I could and will try to work on. Also the choices of what I put in my pie hole? I will also try to improve the quality of my food choices. Have you ever noticed that salads are a pain in the neck to eat and/or prepare?

I really need to spend more time with my dogs. They need to get out more. Outside – running somewhere. I need to take them with me. They need more exercise. I want them to live forever. I hate the thought of outliving them. But I could never live with the thought that I wouldn’t always be there to take care of them.

Friends. I will try to do something with one of my friends once a week. Coffee. A drink. Breakfast. Something. This weekend I am going to a birthday party for one of them. So, I think that counts.

And finally… I think I will choose a writing project to complete this year. It will probably be this musical drama thing I have been thinking about for quite some time about Swedish mermaids, a princess, a concert pianist and an psychiatric patient. Most of the music for it is written and scored. I have a half-hearted attempt at the book. It could be interesting. We’ll see.

Well, that is the state of union, for now. I have to go hit the gym. Later.

No comments: