Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2011

Kristine W. Scores Her 16th #1

"Fade" hits the top of the Dance/Club Play chart at Billboard this week. This marks the 16th time she has reached the pinnacle.

I purchased Remix Collections #1 and #2, and have found that my favorite remixes are Chris Thomas' Black & Blue Club Mix (9:08) and the Johnny Vicious Warehouse Mix (8:11). Both are stellar. The Chris Thomas mix reminds me of some old Donna Summer remixes. Both these can be found on the second collection. As for Collection #1, I really wish the versions were longer. They all feel like radio edits and are numbingly the same. It would have been nice to hear the remixers take and open up the song in a longer format. A third remix collection just came out. I haven’t had the opportunity to purchase it or listen to it yet.

This song left me a little cold. Kristine’s voice seems a little on the tired side. There is a throat rasp that lends credence to such a suspicion. Also, the high notes are rather broad, having lost that marvelous focus that made her superior to other divas. Okay, so I’m being picky here… even less than perfect Kristine W. is still damn good music. I do wish she’d take some time off and rest her throat, though.

Her latest tour – “Love Never Fades” - will land in Minneapolis on Sunday, June 26, 2011 at the Lush Bar located at 990 Central Avenue NE as part of Minneapolis Gay Pride Week. Something tells me I will be hitting the town that night.

So – just because I love lists and Billboard Chart rankings, here is a list of Kristine’s hits and how the ranked on Billboard’s Dance/Club Play chart:

1994 Feel What You Want - 1
1996 One More Try - 1
1997 Land of the Living - 1
2000 Stronger - 1
2001 Lovin' You - 1
2003 Some Lovin' - 1
2003 Fly Again - 1
2004 Save My Soul - 1
2005 The Wonder of It All - 1
2006 I'll Be Your Light - 2
2007 Walk Away- Tony Moran featuring Kristine W - 1
2008 The Boss - 1
2008 Never - 1
2009 Love Is the Look - 1
2009 Be Alright - 1
2009 The Power of Music - 1
2011 Fade - 1

Congrats to Kristine and all those who work for her organization!

No comments: