Tuesday Titillation:
Glasses Half Full?
I thought I'd check in.
I mean, the way the winds blow these days, it seems to change hour to hour.
And it really does need to be asked with a question mark...
Are our glasses half full?
I avoid the markets like the plague. They seem so volatile. In the long run we're promised they will only rise... but the day to day stuff? More ups and downs than your average afternoon soap.
The courts continue to contradict one another with the Supreme frequently turning a blind eye to common sense.
And the media is a spineless bunch as always. Unless they think they've got a 'gotcha' moment up their sleeve, they treat everyone with kid gloves, allowing politicians and the like to get away with everything but murder.
So... here's a little secret.
I'm actually writing this a whole year and two months ago. It's April 8th, 2025. And I'm doing this as a bit of a test. In my heart of hearts, I hope I'm wrong about all the above. In my dreams, this country will have figured out how to deal with a petty, spoiled, idiotic wannabe dictator and his minions and taken this country back.
But my fear is... nothing's changed. And the glasses aren't half full. They're nearly empty.
From my vantage point on April 8th, 2025, it looks as though things are only going to get more difficult for those of us who value all life, who believe in fairness, who believe people should keep their word, who believe that life is not just for the very wealthy, who believe in human rights and the soul's autonomy.
Am I wrong? I hope so.
And in the meantime?
Here are pics of naked men wearing glasses.
I wonder what kind of world they are looking at these days...
May your glasses be more than halfway full.
I wish us all the best.
Live your best life and enjoy!
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque
Rose Colored Glasses - Kelly Rowland



























2 comments:
Yom.
I do make passes at boys with glasses.
XOXO
Upton, you played a chilling trick on me. I was contemplating posting Auden's 'O What is that Sound' as a comment on the current state of the world, but you beat me to it in this wonderfully psycho-social fashion. I remember posting some pictures about Chad Macy and his moustache - and you commented that you had a post about him planned six months in the future (or was it a year?!) My hat is off. I salute your thoroughness. I just hope the US Army doesn't turn north like it almost did after 1865. With heavy boots and burning eyes.
Post a Comment