Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 17, 2013

Acquired Tastes, XXXVII: Foot Fetish

Introduction:

A few weeks ago Sean’s TMI Questions focused on footwear and, inevitably, some readers mentioned that they had a predilection for bare feet, or as it is commonly known; a foot fetish.  I, myself, fall into such a category.  I don’t necessarily seek it out, as in - it will not be the sole focus of a given sexual encounter, but it may be on the menu.  Sort of like a side dish. 

It’s a distraction, really. 

I find that when I top and those legs go in the air?  My eye is captured by the allure of that big fat toe or the heel, and eventually I know I am going to want to bite or suck on some part of it. This, of course, has gotten mixed reactions; some are very receptive, while others let me know (very succinctly) that is something on their personal ‘no-fly’ list.

As for my own feet?  Oh, please, don’t go there.  They are so neglected.  And I would get nothing out of someone slobbering all over them.  Although a nice foot massage?  That might be nice.

So, let’s slip those boots off, one by one, roll down those socks, and take a closer look at what it means to have a…

Foot Fetish

Scope of Activity:
Given that there are two camps of foot fetishism, I want to make it clear that this post will be focusing on the sexual variety, wherein “one achieves sexual arousal, even to the point of climax, when seeing or touching a foot.”

The Official Line:

From Wikipedia
Foot fetishism has been defined as a pronounced sexual interest in the feet or footwear. Sigmund Freud considered foot binding as a form of fetishism.  For a foot fetishist, points of attraction include the shape and size of the foot and toes (e.g., long toes, short toes, painted toes, high arches, soles etc.), jewelry (toe rings, ankle bracelets, etc.), treatments (such as pedicures or massaging), state of dress (barefoot, flip flops, etc.), odor, and sensory interaction (e.g., smelling the foot, licking, kissing, tickling, etc.).

It was concluded that the most common fetishes were for body parts or for objects usually associated with body parts (33% and 30% respectively). Among those people preferring body parts, feet and toes were preferred by the greatest number, with 47% of those sampled preferring them. Among those people (mostly males) preferring objects related to body parts, footwear (shoes, boots, etc.) was most preferred (64%).

Foot fetishism is the most common form of sexual fetish related to the body.

The two divisions of foot fetishism are sexual and non-sexual. Sexual foot fetishism is when one achieves sexual arousal, even to the point of climax, when seeing or touching a foot. This can even be in spite of the look or cleanliness of the foot. The non-sexual form of foot fetishism does not cause sexual arousal, but rather the pleasure is purely due to aesthetics. It has been compared to what one feels when they view an attractive part of a body such as a mouth, a pair of eyes, a nose, or any non-sexual part of the body. They appreciate the overall beauty of a particular foot. This type of fetishist tends to rate the foot from a point of attractiveness without sex being the main motivator.

Psychological Aspects:

Neurologist Vilayanur S. Ramachandran proposed that foot fetishism is caused by the feet and the genitals occupying adjacent areas of the somatosensory cortex, possibly entailing some neural crosstalk between the two. (Wikipedia)

It can also be a matter of ‘partialism’, where a person has exclusive attraction to a certain body part, in this case, the feet.  Or it may be more about the smell of, texture of, or the sensation of touching feet that attract one.

There are some who believe that a type of childhood association or sexual association during your formative experiences can inform such a fetish.  Example: your mother places her feet on your chest, or your sister threatens repeatedly to stomp on you during play, or a baby may sniff someone’s feet while crawling and thus become permanently fixated on feet as an adult.

Others believe that early childhood events involving sexual shaming may play a role.  For example a child shamed for seeing a woman’s naked breast might divert his eyes to her foot, cementing a type of sexual association.

Suggestions/Advice

When somebody tells you they don’t want their feet touched or played with?  Believe them.  Feet are typically neglected by most males and therefore become a ‘you-don’t-want-to-go-there’ area - for good reason.  Icky feet are not sexy feet – unless you’re into icky feet.

Realize that some people’s feet are extremely ticklish and this may not be pleasurable for them.  So ask, first.

If you like your feet played with?  Then take care of them.  Get a pedicure.  Trim your nails.  Soak, and lotion up those puppies.  And in the shower, during your prep time?  Don’t forget to soap between the toes.  A between-the-toes exam will definitely tell you whether your feet are worship-worthy.

If you and your sexual partner haven’t discussed feet as a means of sexual expression, don’t spring it on them without prepping them for it.  And if you are in the middle of a heated encounter and beyond that moment when you can talk about something rationally, ease your way into it.  Stuffing that whole foot in your mouth?  Probably not a good idea.  Gently kissing and caressing?  A much better starting point.

As always, stay in tune to your partner’s needs and wants – this is true of being the active and passive partner.  Look for signs of ‘okay, you can stop that now’ as well as signs of ‘oh, hell yeah’.

My Experience:

It’s limited. 

My feet are a ‘don’t-go-there’ for several reasons.  Years of dancing, running, and now zumba have made my feet the object of my scorn.  Seriously, I do believe that they would inspire some truly terrifying Japanese horror movie.  That’s why I typically leave on my socks or boots, unless I really trust and know the person I’m with.  Yes, sex with socks on – questionable at best, but it beats the alternative, trust me.  Oh, and no, my feet don’t stink.

As I mentioned above, when I top, there is something about those bare feet flying about in the air that grab my attention.  It begins with me grabbing hold of them for leverage.  Then, I think, it has something to do with being desirous of a deeper connection with my bottom.  Sometimes this means leaning in for some serious lip-lock, but other times, my lips gravitate to those things at eye level.  I like to suck on toes and bite heels.

I enjoy giving (and on rare occasions receiving) a foot massage.  Generally, this takes place in the course of a sexual encounter where giving a full body massage has been the sole focus (pardon the pun) of foreplay.  When I get to the feet, I never skimp on giving them their due.  If my partner is open to it, I will work and run my thumbs along the arch of their feet.  Most people seem to really enjoy this.  They also enjoy having their toes individually massaged.  I think it has to do with the fact that our feet tend to get shorted in the attention department.

Okay, so here is my big thing about feet: I totally get off on either rubbing my dick on the soles of a dude’s feet, or having a dude apply pressure to my genitals with one of their feet.  This is not necessarily true of when a dude has boots on – then I only like it when they press their boots onto my cock.  I’ve never felt the need to frottage a boot.  But there is something about the shape of the naked sole of a foot that makes me just want to fuck ‘em.  Typically, they are warm, and this might be part of it.  But I think it has more to do with the shape.

And yes, the whole dom thing comes into play when dudes are pressing the sole of one of their feet on my cock.  But when it’s me rubbing my dick on their feet?  I am not sure what that’s all about.  I just like the sensation. 

There are specific men that I have made a point of telling that they have beautiful feet – always in the course of sexual play / never at the gym, as a passing comment (that would be unwelcome).  A particular shape will catch my eye, specifically the curve where the sole of the foot angles up to the base of the big toe… again… I want to fuck it.   And, no, don’t have a clue as to why.   

And certain long toes, like certain fingers, make me want to put them in my mouth.  It’s a visual/oral thing.

I do remember as a football manager/towel boy being frequently embarrassed when looking at the naked Seniors.  I could never look them in the eye as I handed them a towel (I was in the seventh grade), so I would stare at the floor, which is, of course, where their feet were.  This was true when taking group showers with other boys after P.E. also.

But why do I want to rub my genitals on them?  I don’t get into athletic footwear.  Socks?  Nope.  So the origin of my minor obsession with feet remains a mystery to me.

I have seen pictures of bottoms getting fucked by a foot or sitting on a foot.  In the heat of the moment it occurs to me, but the actual carrying out?  That would be a lot of work, prepping the foot (toenails!) and actually sitting on it. So, that is just going to remain one of those sexual acts that exist in the abstract for me.

My Conclusion:

I have a feeling that as far as fetishes go, the foot fetish is one of the most popular.  It’s almost viewed as rather vanilla these days and not a reason to rush off to have one’s head shrunk by a professional.  And, what’s the big deal?  They’re feet.  Part of the human body.  Full of neurons, sensitive, and, typically, invitingly shaped. So, of course we’re going to sexualize them.

I do read the profiles of dudes who are into feet worship – either having their feet worshipped or desire to worship the feet of another.  I’ve never felt the need to approach them and find out just what it’s all about.  So, if you happen to have a foot fetish and would like to share what it’s all about, Alfie… then feel free to use the comments section.  It would really prove enlightening.

As always, there are tons of websites out there if you want to learn more/see more.  Just Google it. 

Curious?  Get brave and dip a toe in.


Just make sure to trim those nails first! 










7 comments:

Koba said...

Def not my cup of tea, but I love the pics just the same! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm definately a Member of the 2nd camp... Feet are aesthetically pleasing to me! Flip-flops are incredibly SEXY... The thinner, the better -and I love a Guy's feet on my pecs whilst topping!! Sadly, I've been known to cruise Guys at the grocery store due to Sexy Feet in flip-flops! "Eyes, thighs, and feet"... I suppose I'm an easy target!!! ;{>

O!Daddie said...

I'm kinda 'Switzerland' on this one. Doesn't really do anything for me but if asked to suck, sure why not?

whkattk said...

Never had anyone ask me to play with their feet...Have had a couple of people kiss and lick mine - why, though, is a total mystery to me. My feet are not the least bit lovely to look at; very high arches and hammer toes and I am barefoot as much as I can be (hate shoes).

Greg @ HMITP said...

Not really a foot lover but hey, I'll try anything once!

Anonymous said...

Great article... love feet!!!

Anonymous said...

Feet are part of the body so they are fair game. I'm in the side dish school of thought. It has been my experience that too many men have not had their feet played with but do enjoy it - not obsessively but it as a new erogenous zone.

What gets me are those with negative thoughts about feet yet don't think twice about rimming an ass. Now unless those feet were just out squishing around in dog poop, they are always going to be cleaner then the guy's ass.