Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Of Note: ‘Don’t Wait’ by Mapei



Of Note: ‘Don’t Wait’ by Mapei

Born in Rhode Island, Jacqueline Mapei Cummings, better known as Mapei, grew up splitting her time between the states and Sweden.  In Sweden she was drawn to their underground rap scene and it is there that she cut her eye teeth as a performer.


In 2013, she released ‘Don’t Wait’ to much acclaim, even landing a guest appearance on the David Letterman show.  A remixed version of the song even landed at #27 on Billboard’s  Dance/Club Play chart. 

The past few days, this song has been in my head upon waking.  Lyrically uplifting, it reminds me of the likes of De’sree (‘Gotta Be’), Kina (‘Girl From The Gutter’) and Res (‘They-Say Vision’).  At first, I did not care for it, but, obviously, it grew has grown on me quite a bit.  What can I say – once exposed, it stays with you.










No comments: