Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 26, 2024

Weekend Onesie: Taken Out Of Context

Weekend Onesie: 
Taken Out Of Context

The writers of books for children have such a daunting task. For they must entertain while informing their young readers.

Based on the examples below, it's clear that a few things escape notice, and perhaps they provide more information than intended.

Let's take a look at this small sample of what some might consider inappropriate for young readers.

Here's a suggestion for the weekend:
Visit your local 'bookstore'.
Do some inappropriate 'perusing' of your own!
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

If You Could Read My Mind - Stars On 54
Amber, Ultra Naté, Jocelyn Enriquez


No mystery here! Clearly its that horrid little man behind the glory hole.
And I don't know about you... but if someone snatches my meat?
I snatch it right back!

Joan Lowery Nixon

This is Joan. She's won all sorts of awards for her writing. 
I think she deserves a special award for having written the classic above.


In other words, just another day at the bathhouse.


I can't tell you how many times this has happened to moi!


Flushed right down the toilet, if I have anything to say about it.
And the sooner the better.
I run a clean house!


Ah, the well of loneliness...
Followed by the walk of shame!


And speaking of a well of loneliness...
Alice! Shut that damn window, girl.
You're lettin' all the stank out!


And finally...
Who knew?
And based on the examples below?
I can't imagine what those 'Three Full-Color Pull-Out Posters' depict.


Hmm.
Interesting 'co-habitation'.


Housing? In what? A bathhouse?

--- ---

Hope you enjoyed today's primary reading.

And may you graduate your way to the adult stuff, soon!

Read Your Mind - Avant

No comments: