Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Kristin Wiig

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip:
Kristen Wiig

In my own personal big gay church, there is a wing dedicated to the Ladies Of Comedy. Theses are the gals who made us laugh and, on occasion, brought a tear to our eyes. They are visionaries, capturing aspects of the human condition while holding up a mirror to the world. Their characters, style, and phrases have helped form our daily vernacular in ways we are not even always aware of - but that is the power of comedy and the magic these ladies all possess. Breaking ground while breaking all the rules?

One such effervescent soul?

Kristen Wiig!

Quirky. Oh, yes. 

But built on such a solid base of reality. That's her secret comedy weapon.

No matter how far out the concept, she brings it all back to the girl next door at a sleepover playing pretend in a bedroom. 

She's accessible, relate-able, likeable. She's your best gal pal or that friend who will goof around with you, but ultimately give you the devil, the whole stinkin' truth.

Multi-faceted, charming, frequently urbane. We all wish we'd gone to high school and befriended this comic diva.

Thing is? There's so much more running beneath the surface. Even at this point in her distinguished career, there's more to be unearthed, revealed, discovered. 

I, for one, can't wait!

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic? Nine Things You Didn't Know About Kristen Wiig


I wish I had a lot of tattoos.

I'm a vegetarian; I eat a lot of tofu and soy.

I would never wear fur.


I love the rain. It's my favorite weather.

There's something about a Christmas sweater that will always make me laugh.
 
I am shyer than most people think.

 

I wasn't rich.

I always say I want to look haunted.

At parties, I'll start talking and notice everyone is looking at me and feel dumb and say, 'Forget it,' and then start eating things.

Secret Word - SNL

Lip Sync - Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader
from the 2014 motion picture The Skeleton Twins

The Patty Hearst Story - Drunk History

And one last parting shot...

"Why can't there be a lot of great women who are doing great things?"

"Maybe studios don't want to see women acting in a way that isn't womanly. Maybe people don't."

"For movies to get greenlit solely based on the success of other movies that have a lot of women in them? It's so ridiculous to me."

"There are so many funny women in the world, and there has been for so many years, so I'll be happy when people can just move on from that, and things can just be 'comedies' and not 'female' or 'male,' and everyone gets an equal opportunity."

1 comment:

Breenlantern said...

Love me some Wiig and I always have, from SNL on. She's KILLING it in Palm Royale!

Sassybear
https://idleeyesandadormy.com/