Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday Fun: Happy National Kiss and Make Up Day

Friday Fun:
Happy National Kiss and Make Up Day

Oh, you know me... I never quite get the gist of these 'national holidays'.

Still, I do my best. Think of it as a new twist on an old idea.

Now, I'm all for burying the hatchet (usually firmly in the back of whomever I'm mad at.)

But there are some things that are unforgivable. Like introducing and passing legislation to band Drag Queen Story Hours and making it okay for businesses to refuse service just because of one's sexual orientation/identity. 

This ain't 1952. And a certain segment of the population needs to stop thinking of those as 'the good old days.' Those 'days' are gone for a reason, just like... erm... Jim Crow Laws. (What??)

So, I am not ready to let bygones be bygones until certain trains have left the station for good. 

Discrimination in any form is no longer acceptable. And SCOTUS knows exactly the flame they have relit. 

Ideas die for good reason. Because they were wrong to begin with. 

So today... I'm gonna kiss and make up - utilizing these photos as the type of world I want to live in.

It's time, people. Grow up. Evolve. Educate yourselves. 

And for those already woke - yes, I said it - get your ass to the polls and vote. 

Drag queens are harmless fun. And affection between people, no matter their gender or identity, needs to be celebrated, not condemned. How is a kiss a bad thing? How is an art form deemed divisive? It all comes from a place of love...

...something this world could use a whole lot more of, my dears.

The pendulum swings both ways.
I would say it's just a matter of time...
But action speaks louder than words.
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Break Up To Make Up - The Stylistics
  


















































Make Up To Break Up - Siouxsie & The Banshees

5 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Men, drag queens, and kissing? Three of my favorite things! And I think I knew every single one of them drag queens except one.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Kissing and Drag?
It's like it's Saturday night in 2003!

Also, Siouxsie!

XOXO

whkattk said...

I couldn't agree with you more.

SickoRicko said...

What a curious post.

sassyman said...

Next time I pour through strings of your posts at once, I'm bringing lube...you're posts are such achub maker!