Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Bob The Drag Queen

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip:
Bob The Drag Queen

In my own personal big gay church there are many wings. In one such wing reside those who have forged careers by marching to a beat only they can hear. They are originals - unlike any other. Their styles created archetypes upon which many careers were built, but it all began with them. They created it. They own it.

One such trifecta of tantalizing talent?

Bob The Drag Queen.

Talk about your multi-talents. Drag performer extraordinaire. Rapper. Comedienne. Writer. 

Activist.

To be this beautiful, funny, and creative? You have to win the damn talent lottery.

And the thing is... this performer creates so much content - for others! - we really have no idea the all that they do.

Now, there's nothing fancy about this diva (except those outfits and that incredible make-up). With this gay icon you get plain talk, the short and simple of it... yes, this is one sister who will sit down and level and give you the devil. With Bob The Drag Queen? You get the whole unvarnished truth!

And to hear them talk, you, too, will become convinced that their success is nothing short of the expected. As if there was ever a doubt? 

Blazing trails while raising people's consciousness and making them laugh appears to be this clever cock's ticket to stardom.

And if there's one thing in this life that we can all be certain of? 

It's that we'll all be hearing more from this groundbreaking performer.

The gospel according to them?

Well, here's three from the hips, dropping from their lips.

The topic? Being Your Authentic Self


"I was raised in Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi. And I think that has practically everything to do with, you know, my formative years. I'm also black. So, this is what we're talking about, intersectionality, right? I'm also queer. And I'm also non-binary. And I think all these cultures have contributed to every essence of my being."

"I am pansexual as I actually remember also being attracted to women as well and thinking that maybe this like, thing where I was attracted to men was just like some weird phase or if it was something I could just ignore. My mom is queer and I have a queer uncle. So, I wasn't completely, you know, shielded from queer representation."


"Sometimes being your most authentic self involves accepting others for who they are."

"My Blackness, my queerness, my gayness, my inability to shut the hell up - these are all things that have really worked for me."

"I felt that society had told me out loud, clearly, and in no unclear terms, that there were several aspects of my personality, my life, my body, and my existence that were quite worthless. And then I found a community that said, 'No, girl. You're actually nailing it. All these things are great.'"

"We talk race relations, gender politics, about what's actually happening here in America... Winning Drag Race, has allowed me to amplify that."

"Drag went from being referential to being the reference, which is crazy."

"People pull from drag culture because drag artists are - it's the ultimate art form and it's the last underdog art form. I mean, even clowns have college, you know what I mean? Drag queens, you have to learn drag from another drag queen."


"Not living in fear is a form of activism."

"I've always been a very political person, I didn't want to become something I didn't believe in."

"I always wanted to stay true to myself."

"Listen, there is no equality without the loss of power. Someone is going to have to lose power. That is really uncomfortable for some people to actually think about, but in order for marginalized people to gain power, white, cisgender, straight, people are going to have to lose some and that's just how it is."

"I do think the issue with trans lives - especially in the Black community - doesn't necessarily lie within racism, but it does lie within prejudice and misogyny, specifically trans-misogyny."

"If you look back at old Captain America comic strips, he used to fight Nazis, you know? The American ideal is standing up and saying, 'No, that is not the status quo, and we will not accept that.'"

"Activism doesn't always mean laying in the streets and getting arrested and shouting 'hell no, we won't go' at the top of your lungs."

Never Insult A Drag Queen - Bob The Drag Queen

BLACK - Bob The Drag Queen 
feat. Basit and Ocean Kelly

What If Someone Tries To Dim Your Sparkle? - 
Bob The Drag Queen

And one last parting shot...

"Confidence has not always been something I had in my whole life. But when I found it? Man you don't have to be confident in every area of your life. Just grab something you're confident about, and if you coast on that it'll spill over to other areas in your life. Confidence is contagious, you know?"

No comments: