Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Wednesday's Question Of The Day: 
Your Appearance

Hump day? Well, I'll give you something to ponder.

Yes, it's time for Wednesday's Question Of The Day.

Each Wednesday, a new question to give you the opportunity to do a bit of self-examination.  Think of it as a way of getting to know all about you and a chance to learn a little more about me. 

That's right. You know me; spill that tea! For I am the king of over-sharing!

Oh, and please leave your responses in the comments section. 

Why, think of this as a little blogging kiki!

Okay! Ready, set... 

Here's today's question:

What do you most dislike about your appearance?

--- ---

My slight swayback. 

My posture is horrible. Always has been. 

I have a slight swayback which causes my stomach to protrude forward and my chin to fall toward my chest. 

When it matters and I remain super aware, I can fix it... stack it all properly. It feels like I'm a marionette with a string attached to the top of my head - in other words, quite unnatural. It worked wonderfully on stage.

When I'm at the prairie, minus a shirt, I suck that tummy in. I knew an actor who walked around like that twenty-four-seven. He reminded me of a cross between John Waters and Ed Wood. He had a little pencil mustache and a very regal bearing. He was also a scandalous alcoholic, but never missed a curtain, never missed a cue. 

We had a dalliance, but I'm so glad we didn't end up together. He had this apartment in a building where F. Scott Fitzgerald once lived. I don't know if I would have been the Zelda to his F. Scott, or the other way around, but am damn glad to have never found out. 

I thought going to a chiropractor might help, but the idea of becoming dependent on that sort of thing made me turn my nose up to the notion. I knew an actress - beautiful, like Artemis, the Greek goddess of archery, but couldn't act her way out of a paper bag - she was addicted to them, swore by them and, in fact, put the notion in my head. But I think of chiropractors like analysts; they get you on the schedule for at least once a week and milk it for all it's worth. No thank you. 

I'd rather just suck it up... or, in, as the case might be. 

--- ---

Stand Tall - Burton Cummings 

3 comments:

whkattk said...

The only thing I ****like**** about my body: My legs. Everything else...ugh!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I sometimes wishe I had a big badonkadonk and a bigger chest but then I realize I'd have to get rid of 99% of my clothes and I chill...

XOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

@Pat, but what about your big dick?!?!?

The one thing I hate is I wish I had more hair...like a lion's mane of hair.