Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Demi Lovato

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip:
Demi Lovato

In my own personal big gay church there is a wing dedicated to those who belong to the Rhythm Nation. These divas got us to think, encouraged us to love and respect ourselves, made us feel sexy as hell and... most importantly, got us to dance!

One such diva? 

Demi Lovato.

Confident. Fragile. Powerful. Fearless.

This multi-talented force of nature has been through so much in her short time in the spotlight, she's earned her place among the divas. 

Along the way, she's been brutally honest about her failings and challenges. She's shared her truths and helped enlighten the world and her fans. 

She's also produced some kick-ass music; energetic and fun. The kind that has your feet moving to the dancefloor whenever and wherever she's played. 

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The Topic: Treatment & Recovery


"I was compulsively overeating when I was eight years old."

"I was just so sick. I thought that orange juice was going to make me fat."

"I don't think there's going to be a day when I don't think about food or my body, but I'm living with it, and I wish I could tell young girls to find their safe place and stay with it."

"I feel like I'm held more accountable to stay healthy now because now I'm a role model to young girls to not have eating issues and to not say, 'Hey, it's okay to starve yourself' or 'It's okay to throw up after your meals' - that's not okay."

"After so long being thin, it was terrifying being heavier. But I am a naturally curvy Hispanic girl. I don't deprive myself."


"I never found out until I went into treatment that I was bipolar."

"One of the reasons I was so unhappy for years was because I never embraced my emotions and I was trying to stay in control."

"I don't let anyone's insecurities, emotions, or opinions bother me. I know that if I am happy, that's all that matters to me."
.
"Where I am today... I still have my ups and downs, but I take it one day at a time and I just hope that I can be the best that I can possibly be, not only for myself, but also young people that are out there today that need someone to look up to."

"Never be ashamed of what you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion that you want, and to do what makes you happy. That's my life motto."


"I think scars are like battle wounds - beautiful, in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it."

"I think I've definitely had my rock bottom and I think that was probably right before I went into treatment where I said, 'I definitely need help.'"

"In treatment, all of the negative things I did were stripped away and I had to start processing my feelings."

"Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it's something that it doesn't get a day off."

"I pray every night before I go to sleep and every morning when I wake up."

"Creativity is what helps me escape a lot of my inner demons."

Here We Go Again - Demi Lovato

Sorry (Not Sorry) - Demi Lovato

Still Alive - Demi Lovato
from the motion picture Scream VI

"I don't have many deal breakers. I've done so much in my life, it doesn't feel right to judge other people."

"Some of my fans have said that because I've been able to speak about my issues, that they're not afraid to speak about theirs, which is an amazing feeling."

"I learned that you go through things, you deal with them and that's what empowers you and ultimately makes you a happy person."

No comments: