Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 04, 2023

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Lil Nas X

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip:
Lil Nas X

In my big gay church there is a wing dedicated to The Divas Who Represent. They're not all flashy or cocks of the walk - in fact, some never officially came out of the closet during their lifetime - but they are all extraordinarily gifted, sharing their songs, music, and insights, allowing the world at large to learn, in the most subtle of ways, what it's like 'being green'. Thanks to their gifts and their bravery, they help make the world a little more gay every time their voices are heard. And that's been their true super power all along... their voice; they were heard. They mattered. And, whether they liked it or not, they represented!

One such marvelous maverick?

Lil Nas X.

He can't help it. He's just so damn talented.

Started out having fun on the internet, posting this and that, having fun. Music wasn't even part of the picture.

Until it was. And now it is... big time.

A visionary, he can't help but break down barriers, lay waste to the status quo and defy expectations. 

If the place exists? He will go there.

And he does it all with a refreshingly sweet honesty and a brand of humility which charms and wins one millions and millions of fans the world over. 

He's smart. He's clever. He's horribly hip and iridescently ironic. Nothing escapes him. 

The man has good taste coupled with an incredible sense of humor.

And, I, for one, hope he's unstoppable. 

The gospel according to him?

Well, here's three from the hip, dropping from his lips.

The Topic: Being Out


"I feel like I’m opening the doors for more people. That they feel more comfortable being out, especially in the hip hop community."

"I, a hundred percent want to represent the LGBT community. I don’t want to encourage them to do something they don’t want to do. Especially in like middle school or high school because it’s just super hard."


"I believe whenever you’re trying something new, it’s always going to get some kind of bad reception."

"I try to never throw stones, but if somebody throws one at me, I’m throwing an entire house."


"I know we promised to never come out publicly, I know we promised to never be ‘that’ type of gay person, I know we promised to die with the secret, but this will open doors for many other queer people to simply exist."

"At the end of the day, you are the main person that has to depend on you before anybody else. You have to love and nourish yourself."

Old Town Road - Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus

Montero (Call Me By Your Name) - Lil Nas X

Industry Baby - Lil Nas X w/ Jack Harlow

And one last parting shot...

"Now that I’m rich, I don’t think this capitalism thing is that bad you guys."

"Just saw my new apartment, the bathtub is huge! I can’t wait to cry in it."

1 comment:

Mistress Maddie said...

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of his music by any means, but I have the utmost respect for him and adore him otherwise, especially coming out and being gay in the black community which is very much harder unless accepted than it is even the white community. And let's face it and be honest I wouldn't mind sucking his dick.