Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Weekend Onesie: Kick Up Your Heels

Weekend Onesie: Kick Up Your Heels

We had beautiful weather on Thursday. Temps reached 71 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. What else was I to do? I had to take the day off work and head to my beloved prairie. 

I'd stayed away since July 10th, due to some activities I'd witnessed there that didn't seem very Covid-safe. I went to my usual oak tree, laid out my blanket and felt a mass of weight fall from my shoulders.

This is where I belonged. 

This is the place that keeps me balanced and in tune. I stripped off my clothes and spent the day walking around, enjoying the feeling of the sun on my skin. I kept thinking of myself as a solar battery soaking up all that lovely, pure energy. I sang and spun around and enjoyed my audience of none.

So, in these waning days of warmth and beauty, I totally encourage each of you to get outside and...

...kick up your heels!

--- ---

A special thank to SickoRicko's Crap. Rick posts the most amazing photos and I can't help but 'borrow' one (or ten) from time to time. Check him out!

Wishing you all the very best.
Enjoy your weekend!
- Uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

5 comments:

Bob said...

Sounds so peaceful, and perfect.

Mistress Maddie said...

Nature has been my savior during this pandemic. Glad you got away.

anne marie in philly said...

we all need a "happy place" to recharge our batteries. and you sang and danced like no one was watching.

whkattk said...

That's the kind of day I enjoy outdoors....naked and soaking up the sun, a little breeze, and regenerating. A book, something cold to drink, it's a spa day outside.

SickoRicko said...

Everyone needs to dance like no one is watching.

Thanks for the shout-out.