Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 09, 2023

Acquired Tastes XLIII: Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 130 - Adonis Classics, Part 15 of 25

Acquired Tastes XLIII 
Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 130
Adonis Classics, Part 15 of 25

Greenleaf Classic Books, the publishers of  the Adonis Classics imprint, began in 1959 and continued until 1971, when management lost focus on the business due to the government's prosecution of obscenity, which became of major concern. 

By 1974, a new management team and staff were in place, operating out of an office at 7523 Raytheon Road in San Diego and production ceased on all existing imprints. In an attempt to break into mainstream markets, two new imprints were started which used cover art and titles that were not provocative. These efforts failed.

In 1975, with the loosening of censorship laws, the Adonis Classics imprint began production. It marks the end of Greenleaf Classic's Classic Age (1959-1975.) 

Adonis Classics would release a total of 252 titles during it's lifespan. 

The first twenty covers feature white backgrounds (with one exception) and colored drawings or black and white pencil illustrations. After the first two titles, a particular type-face was established, with the title appearing above the illustration. The distinctive Adonis Classics symbol was established with either the seventh or eighth title in the series.

After the first twenty titles, the imprint switched to their iconic red covers (though sometimes pink,) featuring a black and white pencil or ink illustration framed in a black circle which has an arrow attached - the universal sign for the planet Mars or to designate something as 'male.' The book's title at the top of the cover is similarly encased in a white circle with an arrow (the symbol for the planet Mars and 'male'.)

This week, I managed to find 10 out of 10 covers!

--- ---

Well-Hung Models 
Author: Mark Hoffman
AC 241

Why, measurements do matter when walking the catwalk, so why not get them all?

I always wanted to be an underwear model. In fact, I am surprised there is not a shop where men can come in and for a certain price and with a guarantee of a minimum in sales - way overpriced, of course - be given the fashion show of their cream dreams. There would be rules - no touching, and no talking to the models until after the show (we don't want to confuse them.) 

Hmm. I think I just came up with an idea for a new novel!

Oh, and look at that date: we're now up to February of 1981.




--- ---

Cop Coming Out 
Author: F.W. Love
AC 242

I imagine it is rather difficult being gay and working in a toxic environment like a police force - although it certainly is better now than it was back in the day.  I still remember when being outed was a big thing. Now? I look at as just another form of rudeness. Everyone needs to flower on their own timeline. Forcing a bloom to burst? Sounds a tad dictatorial and BDSM related. 

The dashing cop on this cover? He seems to have lost the upper hand. But then... those lower hands appear to have their eye on the prize, so to speak, so I think this is one back alley beatdown he'll enjoy.

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

The Mountain Studs 
Author: Mark Hoffman
AC 243

Well, bend me over a fallen tree and fuck me! This is my kind of fun.

This must be a lumber camp or perhaps a backwoods community. In any event, I sure like their initiation ritual. Sex outdoors? Nothing better. The logistics are a bit fraught with obstacles to overcome, but I've almost always found the effort worth it. 




--- ---

Into Leather, Into Bondage 
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 244

Hmm. For me? 

Leather? Yes. Bondage? No.

I love the smell of leather. And the taste. As a vegetarian, I have to do some kind of odd denial in order to get over the source of the material - but, for some reason, it's not hard for me to do. Of course, you want the person wearing it to match the rather iconic images the gay community has embedded in our collective conscious. You wouldn't want Truman Capote ordering you to get on all fours and bark like a dog... or would you?

As for bondage? Those that take it seriously? Well, it doesn't look sexy to me. I did a photo shoot once where the photographer had me in various blindfolds and rope configurations - but never nude. When he approached me, I agreed, because I thought it would be sexy. But it wasn't at all, except for those moments when he'd place his booted foot on my crotch - and that didn't happen near enough for me. 

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Studs On The Rise 
Author: Barton Lewis
AC 245

I just bought this one! From Hommi Publishing. For a great price - it was part of his Black Friday sale. 

I must say, construction workers do get me going. I know they aren't all pumped up and muscular in real life, but its another gay trope that I have more than willingly bought into. There's a construction worker in the village people for good reason.

As for sex on a girder 40 floors up? I don't know. but if I had one to grab onto? I'd give it a go. Just don't expect a lot of gymnastics.

--- ---

Well-Hung Hustlers 
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 246 

Now that is a scene right out of Midnight Cowboy. Great illustration; you can almost hear the traffic noise and feel the street heat. If this is your thing, get it while you can. Based on that package the dude in the tank top is advertising? Something tells me he won't be on the market for long.

'--- ---

Midnight Hustler 
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 247

Hustling, hustling, hustling... well, it's a living. And providing folks in need with the fantasy of their dreams is what the game is all about. Don a cowboy hat and wha-lah! You are a cowboy - not riding the range, but working the bushes at the local public park. It's all fun and games, until that trick turns out to be an undercover cop and then? Well, you get put up for the night courtesy of the county!

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Glory Hole Cop 
Author: Barton Lewis
AC 248

And speaking of cops... here is one vice detail I wouldn't mind working. I wonder if you're a gay cop if you'd have to disclose because it would present a conflict of interest? I know I sure would be interested; my eye would be glued to that glory hole! Word to the wise: bring Clorox wipes.

This one was up for sale recently on eBay. It went for a pretty penny - too rich for my blood.

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.




--- ---

Hazards Of Hustling 
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 249 

I suppose, when hustling, one must be very wary of the situation one gets into. When hard up for some cash, I suppose you could find yourself in less than ideal circumstances, as pictured here.

So, this may look like something that could happen, but... if you've ever been hung by your arms, you know damn well that's not anyone's idea of fun. Think about hanging on the monkey bars and doing pullups. Yeah, not much fun at all.

 --- ---

Biker Buddies 
Author: Barton Lewis
AC 250

Those are some well-worn jeans, as in - that dude wears them well. Woof. Toppe off with a leather biker's cap? Oh, yes... call me whatever you want, but do call. 

Yet another great illustration. I don't know if it's a new artist or if the original one simply got better, but they sure do know how to set an effective scene... and sell a fantasy!

--- ---

And that's all for now.

Next week, another ten scintillating, titillating titles. 

Until then...

Thanks for reading!

Hustler - Zayde Wolf 

1 comment:

SickoRicko said...

These are very hot!