Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 23, 2023

Acquired Tastes XLIII: Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 131 - Adonis Classics, Part 16 of 25

Acquired Tastes XLIII
Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 131
Adonis Classics, Part 16 of 25

Greenleaf Classic Books, the publishers of  the Adonis Classics imprint, began in 1959 and continued until 1971, when management lost focus on the business due to the government's prosecution of obscenity, which became of major concern. 

By 1974, a new management team and staff were in place, operating out of an office at 7523 Raytheon Road in San Diego and production ceased on all existing imprints. In an attempt to break into mainstream markets, two new imprints were started which used cover art and titles that were not provocative. These efforts failed.

In 1975, with the loosening of censorship laws, the Adonis Classics imprint began production. It marks the end of Greenleaf Classic's Classic Age (1959-1975.) 

Adonis Classics would release a total of 252 titles during it's lifespan. 

The first twenty covers feature white backgrounds (with one exception) and colored drawings or black and white pencil illustrations. After the first two titles, a particular type-face was established, with the title appearing above the illustration. The distinctive Adonis Classics symbol was established with either the seventh or eighth title in the series.

After the first twenty titles, the imprint switched to their iconic red covers (though sometimes pink,) featuring a black and white pencil or ink illustration framed in a black circle which has an arrow attached - the universal sign for the planet Mars or to designate something as 'male.' The book's title at the top of the cover is similarly encased in a white circle with an arrow (the symbol for the planet Mars and 'male'.)

This week: 10 out of 10 covers were found.

--- ---

Shaft A Virgin Stud 
Author: Jason Bonds
AC 261 

So... when it comes to Grindr and dudes who claim to be looking for their first time, or are a virgin? Instant block. I don't find it sexy. Don't think it would be much fun. You want a teacher? You gotta pay for one. For me? Sounds like a lot of work and dealing with stuff I don't have time for. 

But for some... it is the holy grail. The elusive butterfly. The endless quest. And I understand the appeal. It's like fresh snow or landing on a new planet... you sort of want to be the first to leave your footprint on the surface. 

Not me. I like my men like I like my laptops... with all the necessary programs pre-installed.

Available as an e-book or pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Come, Hustler, Come 
Author: Mark Hoffman
AC 262 

I can't imagine my income being based on my orgasm. And to cum on demand? Wow. That's a lot to ask, I think. Oh, I've done it... when you have a dom top flipping all your switches, well, you do what you're told to the best of your ability. But to do it for a living? I bet the high-priced sex workers all end up on a therapist's couch at one point or another (just like the rest of us.) 

Now, clearly, they love their work, or they wouldn't do it. But being another person's trick pony? That takes a lot of energy (and a lot of cum!)


Available as an e-book or pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Heavy Cruisers 
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 263 

We are up to January of 1982, and the titles just keep coming.

Looks like someone has gotten themselves all tied up in a public park. I can't imagine allowing oneself ending up in such a situation, although, I do know of a couple of dudes for whom this exact thing is a turn on. I once allowed a trick I met up with in the woods to 'tie' me up to a tree. But I was real careful to make sure that I had an escape route. The dude pictured does not look so lucky. 

--- ---

The Chicken Coop 
Author: F.W. Love
AC 264 

So, neither of the men depicted appear to be what is considered 'chicken.' The term typically refers to a fresh young thing. These both appear to be quite seasoned. That takes care of the 'ick' factor. 

As for spanking? I've been on both sides of the equation. I must say, I prefer to be the spanker. And I always apologize profusely when the one being spanked asks me to ease up... right after I give them one more hard smack for being so impertinent. When I dom (just like when I sub), I take it very seriously!

Available as an e-book or pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Country Studs 
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 265 

Fun in the barn. Yep... checked that off a long time ago. I once traveled an hour and a half to meet this randy farmer... cute, jet black curly hair, body built from working hard on the farm. We did it in the woodworking shop, the corn crib, the barn, and on the road next to a field. Obviously, he'd saved up quite a bit of mojo until I came on the scene. An hour and a half is a long way to drive... but in this case? So worth it. 

Available as an e-book or pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Stud In The Pit 
Author: F.W. Love
AC 266 

And speaking of coming on a scene... wow. I love me a satanic mechanic. And this one is assuming my favorite position. Talk about presenting! I also like the looks of the fellow in the one-piece pit suit. My kind of daddy with the right tool for the job!

Available as an e-book or pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

In Stocks And Bondage 
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 267 

Well, we can safely assume this one is not about Wall Street or insider trading. No, this appears to be about the other kind of butt pirates - although both types will leave you feeling used and abused. 

At this point in my life? Being incapacitated in any manner does not hold any appeal for me. I figure mother nature is going to run her course and that will end up being my full-time state sometime within the next thirty years. Until then? I need all my appendages mobile and willing.

Available as an e-book or pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Macho Stud 
Author: Jason Bonds
AC 268 

I laugh anytime I see a person on Grindr advertising themselves as a masculine or 'masc' male. The only thing funnier is when it's some clueless cream puff seeking one. It's such a dated concept. I mean, who cares? We're people. We have bodies. We are all flawed. We are not ideals. We are not concepts. We are not types. That is the one takeaway from the whole gender-fluidity movement that I truly treasure. We are stripped of those old stereotypes. We do not need to adhere. And, most importantly, we do not need be ashamed. So, yes, you can cling to whatever delusion floats your boat - heaven knows I have my share - but if your concept of what it means to have a penis is based on some alpha male BS, maybe you should consider trying to relax a bit. Life is short. It should be fun. And, based on what I know of the world - and some would argue that's not much - there's only one thing rigid that's fun... and it ain't some outdated concept of gender identity. 

Available as an e-book or pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Masters And Slaves 
Author: Lambert Wilhelm
AC 269 

Well, it looks as if dear Lambert is going to a dark place, here. Whips, chains, spiked poles... doesn't really do a thing for moi. I do like that little mask the guy sporting the whip has on. It goes well with his stash, giving him a sort of Zorro, superhero, The Phantom kind of look. But that's about the only thing, other than blondie's well-filled pouch, that does anything for me on this cover.

Available as an e-book or pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Golden Shower Swimmers 
Author: F.W. Love
AC 270 


This one was just up for sale on eBay as a part of a group of books up for auction. I was tempted. I always am. I am not opposed to being on the receiving end of a golden shower. If the one I am with is so moved, I'm only more than happy to play along. As pictured, this is an an ideal setting for such activity. Plenty of water on hand, so easy clean up. And that really is the only downside of this sort of play. I'm sure there's some germaphobe with a whole list of possible outcomes for those who indulge in this behavior, but, in life, everything comes with its share of risks. Why not make someone happy? Who knows... you might get a kick out of it, too!

--- ---

And that's all for now.

Next week: Ten more tantalizing, titillating titles.

Until then...

Thanks for reading!

Cruisin' For A Brusin' - Jason Evigan & Ross Lynch
from Teen Beach Movie

2 comments:

whkattk said...

I think I'm pretty vanilla in my tastes. But, that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohhh country boys? Some of the BEST sex.
And I'm with you about your livelihood depending on cumming on demand. I could not do it. Maybe that's why I'm not a sex worker.
And the covers are getting more and more suggestive. It's the eighties, no?

XOXO