Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Wonderland Burlesque's Over-Cher-ing Quiz

Wonderland Burlesque's 
Over-Cher-ing Quiz

Oh, this is a bit of a stretch... but when has that ever stopped me?

I thought to myself... 'How do I combine two of my favorite things? Over-sharing and Cher?"

Now... I could never be 'over' Cher... she's a goddess and we all know it. But, I sure do seem to over share!

Well, indulge me.

This is quite simple - and a bit dunderheaded, but... sometimes I simply must see even my worst impulses through.

You provide few pieces of information and you get a bit of our beloved Cher. 

So you share... you get Cher. Yeah, I know... way to overwork a pun.

Don't worry, we'll keep it brief; there's only six questions today.

So... you share away. While I 'Cher' so gay!

--- ---

1/ Share something wonderful that recently happened in your life.

I have such good news to report. Well, relatively good.

I went to the prairie the other day, because it was going to be one of the last days of summer and...

...there were four Monarch butterflies. 

These yellow flowers had just bloomed and they were going to town on them. I couldn't get over it. It made me so happy to see. They were gone the next day, but just knowing that they were there made my heart a lot lighter. 

Alive Again - Cher

2/ Share something less-than wonderful that recently happened in your life.

The Ex's car got stolen.

He came home from his soap studio to have lunch and parked in front of the house, instead of in his secured car port in the back of the house. He was in the house for 20 minutes. He goes out and it's gone. Glass on the street. 

Turns out Kia vehicles, he has a Sorento, are extremely easy to steal. In fact, there's a class action lawsuit over it. There's also a Tik Tok challenge for kids to steal them. Anyway, turns out six cars were stolen that hour in our neighborhood. There's actually a video showing how these kids operate where they steal two cars. 

It was amazing all the hoops The Ex had to jump through. The cops were actually very nice. So, his vehicle was loaded for farmer's market and all that product is gone. And the insurance company was really nice, as are the people repairing the vehicle. 

The vehicle was recovered at 1:30 am that same day and taken to the impound lot. The Ex had to go and identify what's left of it. Seems these kids joy ride in the cars, driving them in low gear at 80-90 mph. And they drive them until they don't work anymore. 

The vehicle is trashed and maybe he gets it back in two months.

It is such a stupid waste of humanity and time. Those kids! 

I feel bad about everything The Ex had to go through and all the inconvenience. He had to cancel the last four dates for his farmer's market because they took all his tables and his canopy tent and everything.

Anyway, I have definitely decided to move out of Minneapolis in two or three years. I am done with this city.

Strong Enough - Cher

3/ Share a recent, vivid dream.

I'm in a movie. 

I play a putzy set decorator in New York. Barbra Streisand plays the love interest. She's a wannabe comedienne whose act is mean and a little crass. To pay her bills she also works as a dispatcher in the mass transit office. We are about to get evicted. And I've been calling a rich aunt of mine, for financial help, but not hearing back. 

I'm currently working on two projects. One is with Woody Allen, who is a terrible set designer I've worked for before. He's working on an all-grey set and I am creating all these set pieces for him, one of which is this giant photo collage which I am supposed to come up with various pieces of trite wisdom for - little sayings, but I keep putting it off.

I'm also, unbeknownst to Woody Allen, trying to break into a higher tier of clientele. I have a chance to work on Dave Chappelle's new show. So I am basically interning for him. He has me running around finding things like these very specific railroad lampposts. I have to use my own money and then I get reimbursed later, which is why Babs and I don't have rent money.

Back home, the landlord is threatening. And I am under pressure. And Streisand is all "I don't understand why I haven't made it yet. We shouldn't be scrambling this way to pay rent." Then I unload on her, telling her that her act is too much like the world; too mean. which she interprets as that I don't love her. And she doesn't understand why I need something more career-wise. And she walks out to stay at our friend Bridgett Everette's place. 

Out of the blue, the aunt, played by Cheri Oteri doing her Barbara Walters impression, calls me in the middle of the night and summons me to her swanky penthouse. She's gotten two of her maids up and is wearing this long satin Peignoir set. She wants me to take her to this underground mall that is only for the very wealthy... she wants a cupcake. And we go, she's still wearing her nightgown.

She asks me about my life and gives me advice about love and then wonders when I will ever get my life together. And no, she won't give me any money - it's time I stand on my own.

The next day, I'm double-booked At one point, Allen is nagging me about the sayings for the photo collage. And I promise to work on it, but I'm actually trying to get these railroad lampposts to Dave Chapelle. I have to use mass transit.

I think I have to get them to Dave Chapelle's penthouse in one part of the city, which involves taking this series of busses. Suddenly it starts to feel like I am crossing over into Russia and when I get to my destination, I get a call from Chapelle who wants to know where I am with his railroad lampposts... and that's when I realize, I left them on the bus and that Dave Chapelle moved and I am in the wrong part of town. 

I can't get anybody to help me locate the railroad lampposts. And at one point, I'm telling my story to these maids who work at the building where Chapelle used to live and they are very kind and offer lots of advice.

Then there is this sequence where Streisand learns about these railroad lampposts that have been left on the bus and she knows how important they were to me getting a leg up. So she orchestrates all the busses and bus drivers, unbeknownst to me, to get the railroad lampposts to Dave Chapelle's. And she shows up to deliver them, only to learn that Chapelle doesn't really want the lampposts, he was just toying with me. And Streisand launches into a monologue about how you can't mess with little people's dreams like that and proceeds to tear Chapelle a new one. She storms out.

And so I return to work on the words for the Woody Allen set. And I get a brilliant idea of how to make things right. 

Then I make sure that our friend, played by Bridgett Everett, drags Streisand to see the show.

I use the photo collage and the words as a means of telling Streisand how I understand she needs to be herself and how much I love her. 

After the show, Streisand is nowhere to be found. 

Dejectedly, I go back to my apartment and there she is, standing in the glow of all these railroad lampposts. And yes, of course she got the message through the photo collage. And we embrace and make up and I tell her she can be as mean as she wants in her act, just don't let it spill over into our life together. Then she says, 'oh, by the way... the people at the Chapelle show called...' and Dave wants her to be a featured performer and writer on his show. Our financial troubles are over. She starts Monday.

And I wake up.

You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me - Cher
from the motion picture Burlesque

4/ Share your thoughts on the state of the world.

Is Putin really losing the war in the Ukraine? That would be such a nice thing. 

Will the orange ogre and his terrible off-spring finally get their comeuppance? That would be a nice thing.

Will the supreme court's recent decision regarding Roe vs. Wade be enough to drive people to the polls this November to vote out the stinky GOP?  That, unfortunate as it is, would be nice. 

Yes, vote. I am tired of Old Rich Privileged White Men deciding our present and our future. They are dinosaurs and need to become ancient history. 

Progressives are our future. They are not the radicals. The radicals are those who want to return to 1952. They're the radicals. So, next time someone starts that nonsense, cut 'em off at the pass. Let them know that time goes forwards, not backwards. 

And vote, dammit.

Our lives depend on it. Our future depends on it.

Woman's World - Cher

5/ Share your opinion about a movie or television show you've recently viewed.

I loved Everything Everywhere All At Once. Not only does it sport a primarily Asian cast, it is also one of the most mind-blowing movies ever written. It is edited and directed so well. All the performers are note perfect. And I can't even describe what a mish mash of genres it covers. It's one part heartfelt family story and one part superhero action/adventure, one part sci fi adventure. It's insane. And it all works perfectly. Not a false note. And your mind? It will just absorb and absorb the life truths it imparts. This is a must see.

I hated We're All Going To The World's Fair. This is an indie horror film that is a different kind of horror film. It's basically about two disenfranchised people, cut off from the world living in pain, who get in contact with one another because one of them does this internet challenge called We're All Going To The World's Fair. It's a very indulgent piece of work. Nothing happens. These people are inert and spend the whole movie, basically stuck in their bedrooms. It's creepy. And there are scenes I don't want to see ever again... but not for the reasons the filmmaker had in mind. It's mopey and dull and so of it's generation. I came to despise both characters and I have no sympathy for people of their generations. 

It's like... get outside and go for a hike. Get over yourself. There's more to life than your laptop. Ugh.

Love And Understanding - Cher

6/ Share something you've done recently that made you feel proud.

Nova Scotia - Prince Edward Island - Charlottetown 

Went the second week of October for a five day holiday. Was totally freaked out about travelling. I tend to always travel with someone who knows what they are doing... and I didn't have that this time. It was just me and The Boyfriend. It went well. 

The Boyfriend got it in his head this was someplace he needed to see, so... I made it happen. 

We got a private tour of the oldest mansion in the village. An art museum. The hotel was perfect and lovely. We didn't drive to Halifax, but did go to Little Victoria. We simply tried to soak up the local flavor. We walked a lot.

It was an adventure, and I'm glad we went. 

Walking In Memphis - Cher

--- ---

And that's enough for now.

Your turn. Leave your answers in the comments section. Or, post them on your blog and leave a link here.

Until next time...

Thanks for reading... and participating!

I Found Someone - Cher



























































































Take Me Home - Cher

5 comments:

Inexplicable DeVice said...

Wow! That was a VERY well remembered and detailed dream.
In the last one I can remember anything of (from a few nights ago), I was someone else (younger) and could fly, but not very high or very fast. I was in a strange city somewhere in East Asia I think, and was being chased by these officials who wanted to capture me and people like me. I was flying around the city streets, through market places and shopping malls, but somehow they kept up until they almost had me, but I realised I was dreaming and woke myself up.

I try not to think about the state of the world as it is too depressing, so when it gets too much, I end up watching telly to escape from it all.
The most recent show I've watched is season 3 of Star Trek: Lower Decks. I love it! I love the friendship of the four main 'lower deckers', and how they support each other. The final episode almost brought me to tears of joy & elation - twice!
I've also seen Everything Everywhere All At Once recently, and agree that it is a must see.

I can't think of anything wonderful/less-than-wonderful that happened recently - or anything that I've done that makes me feel proud. I don't really do a lot, you see... I'll have a think and come back to this.

Milleson said...

Thank you for posting this photographic tribute, thank you Cher for being the talented beauty you were and continues to be, and THANK YOU Bob Mackie for all the fashions you provided to enhance this true superstar.

SickoRicko said...

FABULOUS! Thank you!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

OMG I loved this.
Sorry about the stolen car! And that dream was bananas!
And of course I'm stealing this. You know how much I love Over Cher-ing.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Not everyone is in love with Cher. Listen to the Elton John/Bernie Taupin song "Snow Queen". It was the B-side of the single "Don't Go Breaking My Heart". It's a far superior song but a real slammer on EJ's relationship with Cher.