Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2023

Acquired Tastes XLIII: Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 134 - Adonis Classics, Part 19 of 25

Acquired Tastes XLIII
Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 134
Adonis Classics, Part 19 of 25

Greenleaf Classic Books, the publishers of  the Adonis Classics imprint, began in 1959 and continued until 1971, when management lost focus on the business due to the government's prosecution of obscenity, which became of major concern. 

By 1974, a new management team and staff were in place, operating out of an office at 7523 Raytheon Road in San Diego and production ceased on all existing imprints. In an attempt to break into mainstream markets, two new imprints were started which used cover art and titles that were not provocative. These efforts failed.

In 1975, with the loosening of censorship laws, the Adonis Classics imprint began production. It marks the end of Greenleaf Classic's Classic Age (1959-1975.) 

Adonis Classics would release a total of 252 titles during it's lifespan. 

The first twenty covers feature white backgrounds (with one exception) and colored drawings or black and white pencil illustrations. After the first two titles, a particular type-face was established, with the title appearing above the illustration. The distinctive Adonis Classics symbol was established with either the seventh or eighth title in the series.

After the first twenty titles, the imprint switched to their iconic red covers (though sometimes pink,) featuring a black and white pencil or ink illustration framed in a black circle which has an arrow attached - the universal sign for the planet Mars or to designate something as 'male.' The book's title at the top of the cover is similarly encased in a white circle with an arrow (the symbol for the planet Mars and 'male'.)

This week: 10 out of 10 covers were found.

--- ---

Slave Brother Chicken 
Author: Barton Lewis
AC 291 

The term 'chicken slave' must have been all the rage at the offices of Greenleaf Classics. This week, alone, we have three titles sharing that particular theme. We're now up to March 1983 and rapidly marching toward the imprints 300th title. 

I take it those are electro wires attached to blondie's nips. Never tried it, probably never will. While I can, on occasion, be a monster, I'm no Frankenstein. And while I consider myself bright enough, I still believe electricity should be reserved for light bulbs.

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Bondage Buggerboys 
Author: Franklin Brooks
AC 292 

I do so love the term 'bugger'. The British possess the most piquant, flavorful slang; the language perfectly syncs with the subject. It's an idiom that is as much fun on the tongue as it is flung across the room. I recently went to a gay resort in Ft. Lauderdale and was surprised by the number of older men accompanied by much younger twinks. The boys all had a bit of a rough trade vibe about them, or they exhibited an 'orphan in a storm' quality. They all could easily be ascribed the title 'buggerboy'. And while I understand their appeal and appreciate the youthful aesthetic they bring to their surroundings, it's not for me. But... as I always say, to each their own.

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

The Chicken Slave’s Golden Shower 
Author: Franklin Brooks
AC 293

Urinal sex! Yes. As unsavory and unsanitary as it all seems, I do like me some men's room fun. It's most likely linked to my appreciation of the whole water sports genre. It's warm and moist and pungent... and perhaps a bit dangerous. That said, I don't think combining it with bondage is a good idea; that strikes me as a bit too treacherous. I enjoy walking the fine line, not falling off of it. 

I once saw a video, a scene, a bald, thin leather pig was hanging around the trough in the restroom of a gay bar and in walked this bristly Hispanic pony boy. The scene is intense from moment one, with the pig ending up being fucked while his head is forced down into the trough. The top manages to cum twice, and I would love to see it again, as it has infused my sexual daydreams ever since. If you happen to know what it is from or where I could find it, leave the info in the comments section. 

My dick thanks you. 

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Sins Of The Fathers 
Author: Jason Bonds
AC 294 

Ah, the stuff of romance novels and soap operas. That title makes me immediately think that a young man is about to take it up the backside, riding the 'engorged member' (I do adore the euphemisms found in Harlequin romances) of his father's business rival. For, as you know, 'the sins of the father shall be visited on his sons.' You fuck over someone enough, eventually they will fuck you - or your son, literally!

Here, junior appears to be of an age and equipped well enough to handle it. As for that lurking, shadowy figure in the background? Well, I assume its his old man witnessing his family's comeuppance; something that's bound to be repeated more than once. For, keep in mind, my dears... whatever you put out there 'cums' back to you threefold!

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Hollywood Marine 
Author: Barton Lewis
AC 295 

That cap pictured... what is it called? Is that an engineer's cap? It's a look that was quite prevalent in the heyday of the gay days of the mid-1970's, but I don't recall seeing one worn in a bar in my lifetime. 

Something that never goes out of style? The weight and hang of that gentleman's bikini undies. Woof. You display that up against the wall, you're sure to attract the kind of attention pictured. 

As for Marines... I was in a six month relationship with one once. He was my third serious boyfriend. He had his charms, but his emotional distance and addiction to pumping iron quickly put the writing on the wall. He was rather generous in one aspect, though. He loved to tell me stories of all the group sex he enjoyed while enlisted. I was fascinated and it certainly charged our love life. He told me about being stationed on a tropical island (I forget which) and the evening he spent in a hammock while a line of fellow Marines used his holes. Now that's one conjured image which has stayed with me all these years. 

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

 Jock Studs 
Author: Franklin Brooks
AC 296

I suppose there are all sorts of ways to get read for the big game. But in all my years of haunting locker rooms, I've never seen the players assist one another in this manner. But this... this is the sort of team building I would love to participate in. Though I fear I might be the last chosen, as per usual.

--- ---

Golden Shower Chicken Slave 
Author: Wes Cranston
AC 297 

I could never submit to that which is pictured here. Being rather submissive when called for, there's something about a collar on a chain that holds no appeal for me and, in fact, pushes my terror button a bit. Perhaps I was hung in a former life? 

And by that I mean the kind where you are suspended by a rope around your neck.

The other kind? In this life... I did alright in that department; though something of a grower, not a show-er.

--- ---

Up Yours, Buddy! 
Author: Jason Bonds
AC 298 

Well, considering what the white Europeans did to the Native Americans, I suppose turnabout is fair play. See? As I mentioned earlier... what you put out there comes back to you threefold... or, as pictured, at least twice. 

I have made a point of buying a number of vintage gay pulp fiction novels with race as pertinent to their central storyline. I wanted to find out  just how sensitive or not these authors were when addressing different cultures. I haven't dug very deeply yet, but, if I were still in college? I think exploring this particular niche would make for a great thesis. 

I wonder if faculty would agree.

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

F-F Brothers 
Authors: Jason Bonds
AC 299 

Fist fucking is an acquired taste, for sure. And there's a learning curve involved, for both parties. For the fister, a certain sensitivity has manifest itself and become second nature. I pity the poor bottom on the receiving end of one of those less evolved. Patience is a virtue and a very necessary ingredient when fisting a novice. Any experienced fisting top knows all too well that making haste can lead to tears and a trip to the E.R. 

As for the recipients, they, too, have a bit to learn. Proper preparation is key to a successful, sustained session. A fresh bottle of poppers and the right lube never hurts (pun intended) either.

In any event, communication is key. Unless you're the type of bottom who is ever ready, with an experienced hole that has 'been there and done that', then the use of words help keep both parties clued in to what is happening. In a way, it's the gay man's way of giving birth... albeit, with something going in, rather than coming out.

--- ---

Hungry For Seamen 
Author: Wes Cranston 
AC 300 

How many books share this same title or a slight variation of such? 

And take a look at those sailor pants! I remember owning a pair, stolen from the costume shop of some summer theatre company I was working for. I only wore them out once... turns out, all those buttons? A bit daunting and a bit of a momentum-killer for even the most skilled cocksucker. 
 
Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

And that's all for now.

Tune in next week for ten more tantalizing, titillating titles.

Until then...

Thanks for reading!

Sins Of The Father - Waylon Payne

2 comments:

whkattk said...

Ah, the fun that can be had in the military.... It was long before Don't Ask, Don't Tell and there was always plenty of guys raring to go - as evidenced by the weekly circle-jerks where jerking off wasn't the only activity.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ahhhh!
Bondage and huge things in those jockstraps!
Some things never change.

XOXO