Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 27, 2023

Acquired Tastes XLIII: Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 136 - Adonis Classics, Part 21 of 25

Acquired Tastes XLIII
Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 136
Adonis Classics, Part 21 of 25

Greenleaf Classic Books, the publishers of  the Adonis Classics imprint, began in 1959 and continued until 1971, when management lost focus on the business due to the government's prosecution of obscenity, which became of major concern. 

By 1974, a new management team and staff were in place, operating out of an office at 7523 Raytheon Road in San Diego and production ceased on all existing imprints. In an attempt to break into mainstream markets, two new imprints were started which used cover art and titles that were not provocative. These efforts failed.

In 1975, with the loosening of censorship laws, the Adonis Classics imprint began production. It marks the end of Greenleaf Classic's Classic Age (1959-1975.) 

Adonis Classics would release a total of 252 titles during it's lifespan. 

The first twenty covers feature white backgrounds (with one exception) and colored drawings or black and white pencil illustrations. After the first two titles, a particular type-face was established, with the title appearing above the illustration. The distinctive Adonis Classics symbol was established with either the seventh or eighth title in the series.

After the first twenty titles, the imprint switched to their iconic red covers (though sometimes pink,) featuring a black and white pencil or ink illustration framed in a black circle which has an arrow attached - the universal sign for the planet Mars or to designate something as 'male.' The book's title at the top of the cover is similarly encased in a white circle with an arrow (the symbol for the planet Mars and 'male'.)

This week: 10 out of 10 covers were found.

--- ---

Pump An Iron-Hard Stud 
Author: Barry Dunn
AC 311 

January 1984! Say it isn't so! A new decade of titles. 

Now, I'm all for spotting someone at the gym. In fact, back in the days before Covid, those sideways glances as others are pumping iron made for great motivation. They certainly got me to the gym everyday. Like Aerosmith - I didn't want to miss a thing! Besides...

You never knew when one of those glances would lead to a connection; the kind where after your work outs are done, you find yourself standing next to each other in the showers!

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Cousin Loving Chicken
Author: Jason Bonds
AC 312 

Fun on the farm! Yee haw!

Now, I don't recommend dropping trou around heavy machinery. Strikes me as sort of risky. But, when the mood strikes, I suppose throwing caution becomes a casualty. I know I probably couldn't resist a the sort of package being presented in the above illustration. Though I would be worried about what the neighbors might say. But then, maybe that's why farmers have so much land. Yes... just acres and acres of fun!

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Hung Jailboy 
Author: Wes Cranston
AC 313 

More jailhouse fun! This time with an age dynamic thrown in. Oh, to be seen as fresh meat. 

Of course, with my luck, my cellmate wouldn't look anything like the boys from Oz - as in that wonderfully homoerotic series about prison life featuring the likes of Ernie Hudson, J.K. Simmons, and Christopher Meloni. No, I'd more likely be stuck with The Cowardly Lion or The Wizard.

Well, in such circumstances, one makes due with what one has on hand, right?

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.




--- ---

Biker’s Chicken Punk 
Author: Barry Dunn
AC 314 

A young fresh thing to pass around. 

In my youth, I hung out at a biker bar. For some reason, it was the hang for this one theatre group I was involved with. I think I was only 17, but I got served. And tried to play pool - I was terrible, but it was fun. As for the bikers that hung out at that bar? Well, I suppose if you took one home and gave it a bath, maybe you could salvage something - but the bulk of them were to scary for this Mary.

--- ---

Slave Sons 
Author: Kurt Kimble
AC 315 

Older man, younger man. 

I dunno. I see those folks seeking such an arrangement and I don't get it. Role play, sure. But some folks take this sort of thing way too seriously. 

But then I'm not the sort to set up anything with even a whiff of permanence - that just leads to disappoint, for them. Now, on occasion, I will stumble into a situation where someone much, much younger than myself is looking to get busy, and, in that instance, I will make an exception. 

By now, you know me... like George Michael, I never turn down a free meal.

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Buddies Behind Bars 
Author: Barry Dunn
AC 316 

Still more jailhouse shenanigans. 

It appears there are three to a cell in this prison. And blondie there is the welcoming committee, for that sure appears to be one fine looking open house. Another fine illustration. And based on specifications shown, I'm wondering if the artist actually read the books before creating the cover?

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Bathhouse Bondage 
Author: Wes Cranston
AC 317

I have been to bathhouses. And I have walked up on some pretty intense scenes, mostly involving a sling in motion. But I do not recall that bondage ever played much of a role. Traffic always seemed so fluid, as men move from area to area. Personally? I just can't imagine staying in one place long enough to be tied down. But I suppose it does happen... maybe in those little rooms with the doors you can rent? The thing is... bondage requires a lot of props, and unless you arrive with the one you're going to be playing with, I can't imagine hauling all that stuff around in search of someone who might be interested. Sounds like a cumbersome exercise in disappointment to me.

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Into – FF, B&D, S&M 
Author: Barry Dunn
AC 318 

Those are some refined tastes. I have dabbled in all three, but I can't imagine a steady diet of any of them. But then, people do go through phases. Trouble is, when the phase is over, what do you do with all the props you've collected? I was really into cock rings for a time. But once that obsession ran it's course, I had all sorts of them scattered about. I had no idea what to do with them, so they sat in various plastic containers. Every time I saw them, I'd feel guilty about them just sitting around. I mean, it's not the kind of thing one sells at a rummage sale or donates to Goodwill. 

The solution? One night I was meeting up with a man who was super GGG - good, giving, and game for anything. I grabbed those cock rings and put them in my backpack. At the end of our little play session - which had surpassed both our wildest dreams, I handed the stuff to him. I figured he'd find good use for it... and now? No more guilt. I'm free of it. And - it all found a good home!

--- ---

Suck Scat Boy 
Author: Jason Bonds
AC 319 

Oh, dear... there's that invention improved upon by Thomas Crapper, playing a guest starring role. Man, that looks uncomfortable. Also... this is not the sort of scene I would ever consider. I mean, I do like me some men's room play - tea rooms used to be my thing. But, based on the title of this little opus, I'm thinking those two are headed in a direction I will never go. 

But, as I always say... to each their own, to each their own. One man's crapper is another man's throne!

--- ---

Honor Thy Father’s Flesh 
Author: Barry Dunn
AC 320 

Ooo... Daddy's a trucker! Taking his boy on a side road for a bit of fun.

My word, why don't we do it in the road, indeed. 

Available as an e-book or a pdf download at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

And that's all for now.

Tune in next week for ten more tantalizing titillating titles.

Until then...

Thanks for reading!

Why Don't We Do It In The Road - Lowell Fulsom

4 comments:

whkattk said...

Well, I can relate to the cousin one.... Yep. One of my cousins and I used to jerk together a lot.

SickoRicko said...

Great covers.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

The daddy theme is one I've seen everywhere.
Also, it's so funny you've mentioned kinks!! I'm planning on talking about that sometime soon...

See? You've inspiring.

XOXO

Deliciousdeity said...

A mention of foreskin and beer!? Amazing, I'm in! OMG, I had to look up what FF is. I'm so out of touch. Love the post, I do so love literature :)