Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Jake Shears

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: 
Jake Shears

In my big gay church there is a wing dedicated to The Divas Who Represent. They're not all flashy or cocks of the walk - in fact, some never officially came out of the closet during their lifetime - but they are all extraordinarily gifted, sharing their songs, music, and insights, allowing the world at large to learn, in the most subtle of ways, what it's like 'being green'. Thanks to their gifts and their bravery, they help make the world a little more gay every time their voices are heard. And that's been their true super power all along... their voice; they were heard. They mattered. And, whether they liked it or not, they represented!

One such joy?

Jake Shears!

All that energy. All that fun. Where does it come from?

The boy must have a discotheque pumping inside his heart!

With a voice which brings to mind so many greats who have gone before him, how can he not help but be a true diva? And his songwriting? Spot on. A little Elton? A little Bee Gees. Mix it. Drop the mirror ball and we are good to go!

He's an amazing talent... to synthesize all that is sparkling and effervescent that came before you, to capture it so perfectly and serve it up with such flair, such style, and with such a great sense of humor!

The man never fails to bring a smile to my face and always makes me want to dance!

In addition... he's always been 'out' there. He's always been proud. He's never shied away from who he is... and that type of role model? Well, we need more of, my friends.

He simply makes being gay fun! 

And for that, I shall always treasure him.

The gospel according to him?

Well, here's three from the hip, dropping from his lips.

The topic? Shear Joy!


"I'm so crazy about making albums and singing and dancing."

"It's been in my musical DNA since I was a little kid. I think musical theatre has really influenced everything I've done."

"All I really care about is making great music and putting on great shows. I think, to do that, you have to be fearless. It certainly doesn't help to be insecure."

"I do think it's possible to change people's minds - it's one of my goals with my music."

"I hope that I do make music that can speak to anyone. I don't just want to play for a queer crowd."


"I've been a much happier person in my early thirties than I was in my twenties."

"I’ve been coming to terms with who I was in my twenties. There are plenty of things in my personality and my behavior that weren’t particularly great. I think I’ve grown and learnt a lot over the years."

"I love a good time. I love throwing parties. But as far as the wild life, I see myself slowing down a little bit. Maybe that’s just because of my general happiness. I’m in a good place, I’m really proud of all the stuff I’ve accomplished in the last couple of years, I feel sexy. My spirit feels good. I want to take care of myself better."


"I've never been great at being really analytical about myself."

"I'm not the easiest person in the world to be partners with. I'm never home. I'm constantly running around the world. I can be impatient. I have a temper. I'm, like, self-obsessed. I'm irritable, self-absorbed."

"I travel so much and am always living out of a suitcase, so my favorite saying is 'Wherever you go, there you are'. I love it because it's reassuring to me that you have to live in the moment wherever you happen to be."

"I don't let things stress me out, and I'm doing my best with all the battles life presents."

I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters

Creep City - Jake Shears

The Last Man Dancing - Jake Shears

And one last parting shot...

“My life is so weird and I love it. I’ve managed to make a living doing this for almost 20 years and that’s my dream: just to be able to do what I want to do creatively. I’ve never felt like I’ve had to get a job.”

"Being able to afford getting groceries - it frees people up to be creative. I think when you're spending 16 hours of every day to pay your rent and get food, I just don't see where there's time outside of that to be creative and make things."

"I love creating things. I love making things."

3 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Thanks for sharing Jake!

Anonymous said...

Jake Shears, très sexy sur la première image, sa vie est vraiment un cabaret. Il est tellement amusant :)
-Beau Mec à Deauville

Xersex said...

so nice! here his IG profile