Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 07, 2024

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Niecy Nash

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip:
Niecy Nash

In my own personal big gay church, there is a wing dedicated to the Ladies Of Comedy. Theses are the gals who made us laugh and, on occasion, brought a tear to our eyes. They are visionaries, capturing aspects of the human condition while holding up a mirror to the world. Their characters, style, and phrases have helped form our daily vernacular in ways we are not even always aware of - but that is the power of comedy and the magic these ladies all possess. Breaking ground while breaking all the rules?

One such beautiful fireball...

Ms. Niecy Nash

I don't know what it is about this lady... but she makes me smile. 

And laugh.

I adore her energy. And there's so much of it!

We all love smart women... and Niecy? She's all that and a cup of wisdom.

Maybe it's because of all the twists and turns she had to take before she discovered her authentic self, but this diva has lots of stories to share - the kind where you learn a thing or two. 

And she's full of surprises... I think that's what attracts people, particularly those in the industry. You can try and pigeonhole her, but you'd be a damn fool to do so.

Bottom line... she's successful. A winner at every turn. She keeps working and working because it's what she loves to do - and that shows, whether that screen be big or small. 

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The Topic: How To Grow

I've known for quite a while that I was a funny girl.

As a little girl, my destiny was stamped onto the canvas of my imagination at 5 years old. I was watching soaps with my grandmother... The most gorgeous black women I had ever seen in my life came out, and I knew that that is what I wanted to do - be fabulous and black and on TV.


When I was being honest with myself, I had to own that there was something about me that was drawing an energy in my life that left me feeling underserved and unfulfilled. I decided to grow. I decided to purge myself of anyone and anything that was not full of goodness, serving me or making me happy.

The old adage is true, people will only be as good to you as you are to yourself. They will follow your example, and those who don't will be left by the wayside.

If there is someone in your life who is not serving you or making you better, give yourself permission to move on.


I feel like love is the thing we were created for, yet it's the place we struggle the most.

You may not be able to help whom you are attracted to, but you can choose to whom you love and how. That is to say that love is a commitment that your heart and your mind make. It is an active and ever-evolving process, a conscious choice that takes effort and maintenance.

I'm genuine and I'm available. I want people to be at their best. I want them to love and be loved to their fullest ability. My friends call me their relationship nanny, so we have a good time working through problems. Now, I don't claim to be an expert, but I am a woman who has been through everything.
 
Best of Reno 911 - Niecy Nash

Getting On - Niecy Nash and Alex Borstein
 
Comedy Or Drama - Niecy Nash

And one last parting shot...

"The soul of a woman is so important to maintain given all that is on our plates. Figuring out how to do it can be a little tricky. My prayer was, 'Lord, please help me. How can I do it all and not be overwhelmed? How can I do it all and still be happy?' His answer: Find the stolen moments of joy in all you do."

3 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

ADORE Niecy Nash!!!!!!!!!!

Not many can do comedy and drama...and add comedy to drama and she does it. I have yet to not enjoy her in anything she has done. Not to mention she is just so beautiful and fabulous!!!!

Anonymous said...

I never got her appeal. To me she's just another loud mouth who thinks that talking at the top of your voice passes for talent. A perfect example of how EDI promotes no talent hacks.!!!

BrianB said...

Goddess!

I found her on Clean House and she was like no other reality host I had ever seen. Her asides to the camera and the looks she gave to the "mayhem and foolishness" the families in the show were living with were totally real to the situation and you understood through her eyes how messed up these people were. But there was never judgement behind it, just that this is how people get and maybe we can fix it. She did her job with humor and affection. It's been wonderful to see how she's grown!

I would love to be her friend.

BrianB