Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday, May 28, 2021

Friday Fun: Happy National Don't Fry Day!

Friday Fun: 
Happy National Don't Fry Day!

When I first saw this particular entry on the National Holiday calendar, I immediately thought...

What? No french fries? No donuts? No onion rings?

But I had to put the breaks on once I actually started reading what the holiday is truly about.

This is a friendly reminder: the sun is bad for your skin. It may feel wonderful, but it can do all sorts of damage - long term damage - very quickly. 

So grab that sunblock. That sun visor. Those Ray-Ban specs.

Yes, do yourself a favor and protect yourself. Protect your skin.

Take it from one who tends to over indulge...

When you reach 'a certain age' and those age spots start to appear? 

Yeah, trust me, it'll be way too late to start rethinking your use of baby oil as sun tan lotion.

Up the SPF now, kids. You'll be thanking yourself in the mirror later!

--- ---

Wishing you all a glorious Memorial Weekend.
What will you do with that extra day?
Well, get outside and enjoy it!
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Soak Up The Sun - Sheryl Crow








































































































 Sunburn - Graham Gouldman

7 comments:

Xersex said...

#1 He's Pavel Novotny here on my blog!

Mistress Maddie said...

Oh I love the sun for years, but I always limit myself and use protection. I have a few friends who laid in the sun much too long...and now they all bitch we're the same age, yet they look almost 8-10 years older

Watch what you abide with in younger years....it catches up two fold once you get older. I think I look great for 115.

whkattk said...

I do so love to be out in the sun, on a beach or floating in the pool. You're correct: At "a certain age" you'll regret not slathering on the sunscreen. What did we have as kids? Tanning lotion that didn't protect like it should have.

Jimmy said...

I'm proof that it is true! Growing up in Florida and being outside all the time. We never wore (or now wear) sunscreen. Have a good holiday Upton.

SickoRicko said...

Have a good weekend!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

This is perfect.
All those men and all that water!
And thanks for the name, Xersex. That man is BEAUTIFUL.

XOXO

Deliciousdeity said...

It was snowing this morning in Toronto. And June is what, four days away? HAHAHAHA