Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 09, 2021

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Sade

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip:
Sade

In my own personal big gay church, there is a wing dedicated to what can only be described as...The True Divas. These are ones who may do many things in life, but from the moment they opened their mouths to sing they became the one thing they were meant to become: a true diva.

One such enchantress?

Sade Adu

Ethereal. Sensual. Seductive.

Elusive. Reclusive.

Hers is a love divine.

Hypnotically enticing, once in her groove? There is no escape.

Potently erotic, she is one of the founding artists of chill. For if you think she is cool to the touch? Keep in mind that dry ice burns. 

Throughout her stellar career she has never disappointed musically. Hers has not been a world of quantity, but quality; musical integrity, her goal - not commercial success. 

Being famous? Sorry. Not her thing.

Her life has been as smooth as her signature sound, however it has not been without its slings and arrows. Her support and love for her transgender son, Izaak (who recently married his beautiful girlfriend) caused quite the ripple in her birthland Nigeria. 

However, she has taken such talk in stride, remaining as centered and serene as ever.

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic? Attention

"People generally let me be me. People are aware that I'm not someone particularly begging for attention. They hold back a bit with me."

"People are so used to having their lives filmed, they're not even conscious of having cameras around. I still have that sort of suspicion when a camera comes out. I view it as a thing to fear."

"I'm not shy or reclusive. I just spend my time with people rather than journalists. I am a reluctant celebrity, in some ways. I'm uneasy with fame so I do my best to avoid places that will bring me more attention. I always see myself as much more of a musician than a celebrity."

Hang On To Your Love - Sade

No Ordinary Love - Sade

Soldier of Love - Sade

And one last parting shot...

"I only make records when I feel I have something to say. I'm not interested in releasing music just for the sake of selling something. Sade is not a brand."

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

Happy National Masturbation Month!

I need a bong when I listen to Sade.

anne marie in philly said...

"smooth operator" and "the sweetest taboo" are faves of mine.

SickoRicko said...

Beautiful woman.