Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Tuesday Titillation: Get Stiff, Sniff! (Part One)

Tuesday Titillation: 
Get Stiff, Sniff!
(Part One)

So... I came across this article from May 25, 2014.

Some researchers from an Arkansas school found that people become anti-gay bigots if they smell stinky sweaty guy odors.

Smells can influence our views – and a particularly pungent one can increase our conservatism and even change our views on same sex marriage, it has been claimed.

In a new study, titled Disgust and the Politics of Sex, researchers say that an odor really can change our mind – and even change our religious views. The team tested a range of views on people both with and without exposing them to noxious fumes.

The researchers tested their theory with the use of a noxious smell. The variable group was exposed to a stench caused by butyric acid, the smell found in rancid butter and sweat, that was placed on hidden cotton pads in the room.

"The study showed that exposure to a disgusting odor increased endorsement of socially conservative attitudes related to sexuality," they wrote. "In particular, there was a strong and consistent link between induced disgust and less support for gay marriage."

Obviously, this so-called 'study' doesn't pass the sniff test.

In fact, based on the photographic evidence below, I think that Arkansas study stinks.

It's obvious that if these dudes were exposed to smells of the manly kind? They'd gay marry the fuck out of it.

I know I would. 

Yes, I'm on record as being 'one of those dudes'. Check out this TMI post from 2/19/14.

Bottom line? One thing that truly stinks is homophobia. And that's why those of us in the know need to stick together. Our community is constantly under attack in the subtlest of ways. 

We're very fortunate to live in the times we do, so appreciate one another.

The next time you find yourself in a group of gay men? 

Breathe it in!

Ah, the scent of unity!
Stick together, my brothers.
That's the aroma of freedom.
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Breathe It In - Savi feat. Bryce Fox



















































Breathe Easy - Blue

5 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I never really got into smells myself or sniffing jock and such...and when I catch whiff of BO it drive me nuts.

whkattk said...

In other words, they were exposed to the aroma of a men's locker room that hasn't been doused in bleach?

BatRedneck said...

I agree. This so-called study obviously has no scientific basis or proceeding. I can’t tell for women, but body odors certainly raise interest in most guys at some point, mostly when they emanate from someone they find visually attractive for some reason. Not to mention one sniffing their own smell of sweat or else.
I remember when I was less than 10 how I often smiled ironically while seing one of my brother - 8 years older than me - sniffing the hollow of his fist. Obviously he hadn’t washed his hands since his last wank session. And not only did I see him do that very often but… decades later he still does it, and he’s now 67, LoL !
BTW: it didn’t keep him to have had quite a large amount of female conquests, though I’m sure I beat his overall "score", ha! Ha!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I don't mind my man's sweaty smell, to tell you the truth. Other people's? I'm not so keen.
But I do know men who REALLY enjoy man musk.

That first man you posted? What an outstanding penis.

XOXO

Xersex said...

even smells have their appeal.