Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Miley Cyrus

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: 
Miley Cyrus

In my own personal big gay church, there is a wing dedicated to what can only be described as...The True Divas. These are ones who may do many things in life, but from the moment they opened their mouths to sing they became the one thing they were meant to become: a true diva.

One such magnetic enigmatic soul?

Miley Cyrus!

The sparks that fly off this one! Woah! She's a lot to digest.

She grew up before our eyes, but she's no Disney princess.

And the thing is... she's just coming into her own. This flower has only just begun to open.

During her time in the spotlight, this diva has charmed and shocked and awed and astounded. 

She's a chameleon. A quick-change artist. A songwriter. And the voice of a generation.

Her performance at the latest Grammy Awards, bringing her version of some top grade Jane Fonda fierceness, would seem to prove that wherever all that beauty, style, poise, wit, energy, drive, and talent are springing from, there's more to be revealed. 

And I, for one, can't wait to see what happens next.

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, falling from her lips.

The topic? What's Important.

"I always say the minute I stop making mistakes is the minute I stop learning and I've definitely learned a lot."

"Every career thing I do can't be perfect and sometimes my decisions are wrong."

"I don't want to be perfect, but I do want to be a role model. My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect."

"I told my mom, 'I'm not buying another magazine until I can get past this thought of looking like the girl on the cover'. She said, "Miley, you are the girl on the cover,' and I was, like, 'I know, but I don't feel like that girl every day.' You can't always feel perfect."

"You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off."


"I am so excited to let fans in on how important my relationship with my family is to me. I hope to motivate mothers and daughters to build lifetimes of memories together and inspire kids around the world to live their dreams."

"The only people that you really have, that I learned, are your family, because they love you no matter what."


"I would say I'm a nice person, and I take pride in the fact that I treat everyone really well, so there's no reason for anyone to ever come at me because I only want the best for everybody else."

"With yourself, I think you have to decide the kind of person that you really want to be, and for me, it's just a sweet girl."

Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus

Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus

Flowers - Miley Cyrus

And one last parting shot...

"It's so much easier to know who you are when there aren't a thousand people telling you who they think you are."

"I hate being thought of as a product."

"I'm pretty outspoken."

"I know what I'm doing. I know I'm shocking you."

"People like controversy because that's what sells."

"There's no right or wrong, success or failure."

1 comment:

Bob said...

"She's a lot to digest."

That describes my feelings on Miley to a T. I find her a bit "try hard." Unlike, say Cher or Madonna, or even Gag to a degree, Miley tries to hard to reinvent herself and it makes me feel like she hasn't found her true identity yet.