Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Troye Sivan

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: 
Troye Sivan

In my big gay church there is a wing dedicated to The Divas Who Represent. They're not all flashy or cocks of the walk - in fact, some never officially came out of the closet during their lifetime - but they are all extraordinarily gifted, sharing their songs, music, and insights, allowing the world at large to learn, in the most subtle of ways, what it's like 'being green'. Thanks to their gifts and their bravery, they help make the world a little more gay every time their voices are heard. And that's been their true super power all along... their voice; they were heard. They mattered. And, whether they liked it or not, they represented!

One such young soul who seems to be representing just fine?

Troye Sivan.

A product of the social media generation, Troye is all about... well, Troye.

And if you were as talented as he is, you would be, too!

He writes, he sings, he dances - he's a triple threat.

And he does it all as sincerely and genuinely as possible. 

With Troye Sivan, you get the real deal. 

And he's happy that way.

The gospel according to him?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from his lips.

The topic? Becoming Troye

"I'm on the path to being someone I'm equally terrified by and obsessed with. My true self."

"I spent so long and so much of my childhood holding myself back for fear of what people would think. I'm trying my best every day to throw that away. "


"When I was born, I always knew something was a little bit different about me. I always felt different in a lot of ways and didn't really know how to express that."

"Ever since I was a little kid, I got bored, so I learned to sing, and I started singing lessons. And then anytime I was bored, I would start writing and start messing around on my computer, making beats. Then I got bored and started making YouTube videos; that changed my life in a big way."

"Whatever success I have found has been a collaborative effort of people helping out and opening their minds and being accepting and celebrating who I am."

"The most radical thing that I can do is share how happy I am."

"I'm so ludicrously lucky, it would be disgusting if I didn't acknowledge it."


"I share every aspect of my life with the Internet. Whether or not that's a good thing, I don't know."

"I don't know what I would have done had I not found the Internet. I found a community of people who I really liked and who I felt got me."

I'm lucky enough to exist... where I have a record label that's like, 'Write whatever you want to write.' I don't have to hide anything."

"In front of a big group of people, in front of cameras, to be in my body and be in that moment, I feel the way that I've always wanted to feel - like a real pop star who is not holding anything back."

"I know who I am, and I know what my ambitions are. If one kid sees me on TV or sees me in a movie and relates, then I'm done. That's perfectly fine. That's enough for me."

YOUTH - Troye Sivan

My My My! - Troye Sivan

Rush - Troye Sivan

And one last parting shot...

"Before coming out, I remember distinctly feeling like there was a delay on my life."

"All my friends were doing just dumb stuff that kids do, like making out with people at parties and starting to date... I didn't know any gay people growing up or any queer people growing up, and so I just really felt alone and kind of lost, and I just wasn't experiencing life."
 
"Before I came out, the thought of someone calling me gay, even when I knew very well that I was, was petrifying."

"When I was younger, out in public, I never wanted to pop my hip and definitely made sure that my wrist was nice and firm. All these silly, prohibitive things."
 
"Before I came out, the thought of someone calling me gay, even when I knew very well that I was, was petrifying."

"When I was younger, out in public, I never wanted to pop my hip and definitely made sure that my wrist was nice and firm. All these silly, prohibitive things."
 
"I watched pretty much every coming out video on YouTube that has ever been posted; I watched it in between 14 and a half and 15. Those coming out videos, and those people on YouTube, those brave, brave, brave people on YouTube, without them, I don't know where I'd be."

"Someone actually asked me once if I used coming out as a publicity stunt. It's cool that we live in a time when being gay could be seen as helping your career."

"I'm most proud of my work in the LGBTQ+ space. Feels like, above all else, that's something I want to do for the rest of my life."

"A lot of being a good voice is knowing when I have a place to speak and when it's appropriate. And to speak from the heart when I do."
 
 

2 comments:

SickoRicko said...

Cute kid.

Xersex said...

very cute. Here his IG: https://www.instagram.com/troyesivan/