Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Wednesday's Question Of The Day: Your Greatest Fear

Wednesday's Question Of The Day:
Your Greatest Fear

Hump day? Well, I'll give you something to ponder.

Yes, it's time for Wednesday's Question Of The Day.

Each Wednesday, a new question to give you the opportunity to do a bit of self-examination.  Think of it as a way of getting to know all about you and a chance to learn a little more about me. 

That's right. You know me; spill that tea! For I am the king of over-sharing!

Oh, and please leave your responses in the comments section. 

Why, think of this as a little blogging kiki!

Okay! Ready, set... 

Here's today's question:


What is your greatest fear?


My greatest fear?

That it's all going to come to an end some day. 

That one day, the screen will go black and I won't get to watch the rest of the movie. 

I honestly can't wrap my head around the idea of not being here... not being a part of it. 

That said, I am not afraid of dying. 

Even pain has an end. Or you get used to it. 

But not being part of the process... or even being forced to sit on the sidelines? 

That I can't imagine it.

So, in a case of healthy denial, I pretend it will never happen. I pretend that I will always be here. That there is no end in sight - no matter what happens.

This attitude has served me well in the past, saw me through things which I really shouldn't have survived. As pessimistic as I tend to be in life, this remains my brand of optimism.  

I don't see a downside to this way of thinking. 

And if all goes well? 

I'll be proven right and will be here forever!

Which is what I will leave this world believing, because - when it does end? 

Ha!

I won't know.

--- ---

You'll Never Know - 1927

5 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Easy. Drowning. I not a good swimmer, yet I enjoy boating, being in pools, and the ocean, and jet sking. Yet I worry and have a fear of drowning. Makes no sense.

I also fear I'll never see the country righted again.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Hmmm...
This is kind of a difficult one. I think it could be not having agency at the end of my life. As in, Alzheimer's or being incapacitated. I would loathe being a -literally- dead weight. Ugh.

XOXO

whkattk said...

I think my fear is not IF or when, but HOW it'll end. I hope it will be that I climb into bed and just....

SickoRicko said...

Too many times I wish for the end, that's why I have both a psychiatrist and a therapist.

Gary M. said...

My greatest fear might be the knowledge that I might leave this earthly realm without having experienced so much that life truly has to offer and there's no one to blame but myself.