Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Happy Gay Pride! 2020: A Tribute to Our Musical Divas!


Happy Gay Pride! 2020
A Tribute to Our Musical Divas!

I couldn't let June go by without acknowledging Gay Pride. Sure, due to Covid-19, it has been an odd one, but, yes, we did indeed have PRIDE. And while we can't have our usual parade or outdoor concert, I thought a parade of some our favorite musical divas would be a fitting way to usher out the month. Think of it as sort of the stations of the cross for my own personal gay theology. So here they are, in all their sainted (and somewhat tainted) glory...

--- ---

Happy Gay Pride!
- Uptonking at Wonderland Burlesque

To Deserve You
Bette Midler

The Music's No Good Without You
Cher

Living For Love
Madonna

Control
Janet

Somewhere
Barbra Streisand

I'm Coming Out
Diana Ross

I Will Survive
Gloria Gaynor

True Colors
Cyndi Lauper

Dolly Parton
Here You Come Again

I Feel For You
Chaka Khan

Daisies (Can't Cancel Pride)
Katy Perry

Real Love
Jody Watley

Carry On
Martha Wash

Land of the Living
Kristine W

Love One Another
Amber

Perfect Illusion
Lady Gaga

Stamp Your Feet
Donna Summer

Shining Light
Annie Lennox

Maybe This Time
Liza Minnelli

The Best
Tina Turner

Brave
Sarah Bareilles 

Beautiful
Christina Aguilera

Fly Too High
Janis Ian

I'm The Only One
Melissa Etheridge

Taylor Dayne
I'll Be Your Shelter

Help is on the Way
Melissa Manchester

Candle on the Water
Helen Reddy

In Love With Love
Debbie Harry

Stand Back
Stevie Nicks

Nobody's Supposed to be Here
Deborah Cox

Chandelier
Sia

Passionate Kisses
Mary Chapin Carpenter

I'll Be There
Mariah Carey

I Look To You
Whitney Houston

Home
Suzanne Palmer

Free
Ultra Nate'

100% Pure Love
Crystal Waters

I Love the Night Life
Alicia Bridges

You Got To Show Me Love
Robin S
 
Finally
CeCe Peniston

Well, there you have it. Forty will have to do. I know I missed some and will be kicking myself. Let me know who. Leave your suggestions in the comments section (as long as it is not Beyonce - we aren't speaking right now). (She knows what she did...)

5 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

FABU selection, king! you have been taking DJ lessons from me, I see. I will be playing all these selections after I wake up and have my morning cawfee. I might also twirl around the room while I listen.

Jimmy said...

Annie Lenox!

Mistress Maddie said...

SWEET SWEET MARY, MOTHER OF PEARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that was a fucking dance party and list!!!! I am planning to play your list while reading my blogs with a gi...well, not gin, maybe a mimosa, it is early after all. Damn boy!!!!!! All the favorites here! Good thing I have on mu boy shorts!!!!!!!!!

Happy Pride dear sexy friend!
🏳‍🌈🌈🏳‍🌈🌈🏳‍🌈🌈🏳‍🌈🌈🏳‍🌈🌈🏳‍🌈🌈

Mahogany Empress said...

Stopping over from the Casa du Borghese per Maddie!!!! I started flowing you too! Those last four tracks take me back!!!!!! I think that you ended with some H-N-R-G beats boy!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Happy Pride!
OMG you did it with this list. I don't even know where to start, so I'll just go ahead and play them all and dance for Pride in my bedroom.

XOXO