Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Weekend Onesie: The Yearning

Weekend Onesie:
The Yearning

Oh, it's already begun. That sad ache. 

The season of good-bye is upon us. 

The leaves on the trees are turning. The days shorter. The nights cool. 

How I wish we could start all over again. Summer, my friend... where have you gone?

Did I do enough? Did I take full advantage of the season? 

I know, come winter, for this time I'll yearn. 

I will miss my prairie, which is drying out, dying out. Everything's gone pale. 

Like Persephone, I'm not ready to return to the underground. 

So, I promise to dance in what sun still shines... and cherish every moment.

Bereft.

How bittersweet. 

--- ---

Have a lovely weekend.
Look forward, not back.
Embrace this life.
-uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Bittersweet - Sophie Ellis Bextor

3 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I have always enjoyed the Persephone Greek myth for the seasons. I have no worries here yet...we generally have a very sunny and warm autumn...at least til November.

SickoRicko said...

I like autumn, but not winter.

Xersex said...

#1 Brent Corrigan!