Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 18, 2020

Stick in the Mud


When will it be okay to play?

I’m sort of standing at a crossroads. I dunno. Which way should I go?

As states are relaxing their restrictions and reopening, people seem to be acting as if this whole pandemic thing is over.

In MN, Governor Tim Walz, due to pressure from Republicans and rural small business owners, reduced his Stay At Home order to a Stay Safe order. Restaurants are due to reopen June 1st and today, many workers are returning to the office. Small retail businesses are also now open for business.

Fortunately, I work for a company who has decided that those who are able to work from home should continue to do so. I plan to continue to work from home until they insist I come in. First of all, I like working from home. Secondly, I am still scared.

But what about my day to day activities?

And what about sex?

My gut tells me it is too soon. That this whole Covid 19 thing still has a way to go. In MN, we haven’t even hit our peak. So I can’t and shouldn’t risk doing anything.

However, the rest of the world seems to be breaking out the party hats.

I spent Friday at the prairie, chilling under my favorite oak tree and getting me a little sun. Typically, I would also be getting me a little something-something, too. However, I am still insisting that people remain six feet away from me.

As I was walking to the prairie, I noticed that there was actually a group event taking place at the activity center by the three hole golf course. Some type of bike trek. Tons of people standing in groups.

Driving home, I couldn’t get over the number of people out and about and partying on their front door stoops. At one bus stop, there were over two dozen people shoulder to shoulder waiting to board a bus. No one had on a mask.

Grocery stores have also relaxed their restrictions. If you want a sanitized cart, you now need to do it yourself. And, again, people are running around sans masks.

If feels premature.

Thing is, it won’t be long before this relaxed attitude trickles its way down to the likes of Grndr, Scruff, BBRTS and A4A. The Quick Connect Ads feature on BBRTS remains closed, for now. But, given the number of times dudes wanted to hook up during the lockdown, now that it’s been somewhat lifted, I imagine many will begin acting on those desires.

I’m going to have to remain strong; a stick in the mud.

A Stick in the Mud: (idiomatic, derogatory) A person unwilling to participate in activities; a curmudgeon or party pooper. Have a little fun sometimes and don't be such a stick-in-the-mud. (idiomatic, derogatory) More generally, one who is slow, old-fashioned, or unprogressive; an old fogey.

But I don’t wanna….

I want to take advantage of the freedom and flexibility that working from home offers.

I want to take advantage of the warmer weather, make like George Michael, and get ‘Outside’.

I want to capitalize on the stored up lust and unbridled horniness of all those oh-so tempting guys who have been hitting on me while on lockdown.

I don’t wanna be a party pooper.

That said, doing the right thing is not exactly my mode of operandi. I mean, just look at my history. Making bad choices seems to be in my DNA.

But, no…

For now…

…until things appear safer…

I will remain a stick in the mud. 




















Outside - George Michael

5 comments:

Hot guys said...

Even covered in mud, a few of them have sixpack abs very much visible! 💪🏻💙💜

Mistress Maddie said...

No I'm with you my dear. We here are still in the throws on lock down till June 4th...but many things will still not be open. Sex?!?!? I haven't had sex in almost three months!!!!!!!!! A first for me this long!!!! Thank god for two hands and a fleashjack and some camming!!!!!!!! And your new profile pic didn't help!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! Handsome and hot. I have a feeling for me hooks ups will not happen for some time. Daddy Warbucks I won't see this year at all. We had a trip to Portofino planned, but we cancelled. And goodness know when Ill see the Lad. But your right, the stirins' and urgins' are terrible.

I myself haven't been out much since the start of this, except to the store and one trip to my mothers to do gardening, and daily walks. All my vacations, except one, are cancelled too, with maybe a few camping weekends at my friends site in the Pocono Mts.

We shall see how this goes.

Mistress Maddie said...

And your observations from above, about people and groups lacking social distancing and masks, are why this is gonna blow open wide again...and be worst. Give people sex money and power and they will run amuck and be their own destruction.

I will sit quietly and watch them get consumed. I plan to live.

anne marie in philly said...

you're smart, everyone else is an asshole. don't get sick.

RobOrange said...

I love these.