Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 30, 2021

Friday Fun: Happy National Hairstylist Appreciation Day

Friday Fun:
Happy National Hairstylist Appreciation Day

The term barber typically refers to male hairstylists, but in truth, gender is not the deciding factor between who is a barber and who is a hairstylist - the main difference is that barbers are licensed to shave with a straight razor, in addition to all the other hair styling skills.

Now, I, being follically challenged, have no need for the service of said hairstylists... though I certainly have serviced my share of them! 

One, in particular springs to mind; a compact Italian pony boy who, I swear, is in league with the devil; for his skills, stamina, energy and tongue know no bounds and respect no boundaries. 

He keeps hitting me up on Scruff, so I am considering booking an 'appointment'. Due to the Covid pandemic and all its complications, it has been quite awhile since I've had my 'hair' done. And this man doesn't do 'blow n' go's' - oh, no.  So if I do 'book' him, I know I am going to be there for quite awhile. 

Back in the day, people who truly knew me always knew when it had been too long between 'appointments'. Me, looking like an old alley-cat .(Probably because I used to spend a lot of time in alleys). A stray tuff sticking out here, and there. (Well, dear, you never know where you're gonna find love.)

Ah, how I remember the days of 'the big tease'. Just give it a nice 'spray' and it would remain hard as a helmet all day. But try sleeping with it? A nightmare! So uncomfortable. And always leaving the pillow cases sticky.

Now, if I was a hairstylist? Oh the services I could offer! I could give you a quick 'bob', if you like. A nice co-washing? Some deep conditioning - saturating your lipid layer? 

But nothing 'perm', mind you. Oh, no... I don't offer those services anymore. 

On the way out would you prefer a rough dry or a scrunch dry? I can do it both ways.

I tell you, my clients... they'd be constantly thanking me for giving them with such a beautiful, luxurious shag. 

Oh, and if you do decide to book an 'appointment' with a hairstylist in the near future?  Be sure to show your appreciation. 

Hairstylists always appreciate a nice big tip!

--- ---

Wishing you all the fabulousness you can manage.
Got it? Flaunt it? 
And if you do? I wanna see it!
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

I Am Not My Hair - India.Arie feat. Akon























































































































Devil's Haircut - Beck

7 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Two turntables and a microphone!
I love that Beck song! I had no idea he was a scientologist and kind of ruined him for me.
I have not had a 'real' haircut since everything locked down. I've done terrible things to my hair during the pandemic. I had a silver mullet for six months because it was easy to maintain and on the screen it looked like I had cut my hair. Also, I still have some bleach, so I am not ruling changing my hair color once again for the summer.
I used to go to a barber when I lived in Ohio. It was all big bruisers in there and I felt tiny when I stepped in that barber shop. Everybody was so stylish! I was the only person there who was not Black.

XOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

I think it's going to be some time yet till Im a "hair stylist" or getting my "hair cut". I just don't have trust or comfort yet. But when the seal breaks....STAND BACK BABY!

whkattk said...

Talk about a full-service salon! Well, live life naked, I always say. But, I fear I'd be needing a haircut at least once a week. Kisses!

anne marie in philly said...

I got a haircut yesterday, no problems. just me and kim the stylist in the shop. my "karen" hair was outta control; I had not had a cut since october. 15 minutes and done.

and I didn't get a free fucking. :(

Jimmy said...

The best experience I ever had was getting a cut and facial at a black barber school. It was fabulous!

Hot guys said...

That grandpa in the 1st pic is ripped AF! 😏

SickoRicko said...

It's also National Oatmeal Cookie Day. But this is more fun.