Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 04, 2021

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Pink

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip:
Pink  

In my own personal big gay church there is a wing dedicated to those who are one of a kind divas; individuals who have remained just that - an individual, no matter their circumstances. They are 'The Rebels'. One such soul?

Pink.

Rebel. 

For Pink, it  is both a noun and a verb. 

The lady knows who she is, and she's not taking any shit. She separates it from the truth, which she wields like a sword.

She's been on the right side of everything from day one: body image, mental health, gay rights, animal rights...

She's a soldier. She's a warrior princess.

So self-aware, that she has transcended the trappings of fame and popularity. 

Even dancing midair, amidst the glitter, she keeps it real. 

The gospel according to her? 

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic? Being Forthright.

"I tend to put my foot in my mouth. I'm not good at being diplomatic. I tend to piss people off. I was a very defensive kid 'cause I was really sensitive underneath and didn't want people to know. So I came off as very tough and very angry. Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention. But you have to get there."

"My dad raised me with some good advice: 'Always tell the truth. Always shoot from the hip. You might not have many friends, but you'll never have enemies, because people will always know where you're coming from.' I don't try to be candy-coated. I don't try to walk on eggshells. I am what I am. Love me or hate me. The only problems I've ever had with being honest is telling people how I feel about them or saying how I feel about other people."

"The problem was, I was labeled as trouble - so I was like, 'Trouble? I'll show you trouble. You want trouble, well here it is!' No matter what label they give you, the best thing you can do is prove them wrong. People are always so surprised when they meet me. Firstly, that I'm 'so tiny', and secondly that I'm 'so sweet'. They seem surprised that they're not scared of me. The aggressive side of me comes across in my music, but I'm just a sweet girl."
.
Get This Party Started - Pink

Raise Your Glass - Pink

Beautiful Trauma - Pink

And one more parting shot...

"You can't move mountains by whispering at them."

3 comments:

SickoRicko said...

I really like her and you did a good job posting her.

Mistress Maddie said...

Love our hometown girl Pink!!!!! She can do no wrong. Her family used to live right up the street on the next block. Her mother was pretty cool and always friendly when i saw her walking Buster. She sadly passed away. There was always a big hoopla when Pink came to visit.

Cali-Boi said...

Love Pink! Probably my favorite female singer and performer.