Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Wonderland Burlesque's Make Believe Quiz

Wonderland Burlesque's
Make Believe Quiz

Fairytales. Make believe. Fiction.

Most of us populate our lives with these things whether it be from a book, movie, or television. 

What if we could integrate ourselves within our favorites? 

That's what today's quiz is all about.  

Place yourself at the center of the action, or play the part of a simple observer, but imagine immersing yourself in the world of your favorite works of fiction.

Let us know why? What would you do? What would you do differently?

Ready? Allow your imagination to runaway with you!

--- ---  

1/ If you could be any character from a fairytale, who would you be?

I would be the fisherman in the Fisherman and His Wife. Only, instead of wishing all the things my shrew of a wife demands, I'd wish for her to disappear and have her replaced with Billy Porter.

Plus a big ass house and tons of money.

'Cuz Billy Porter? He's got needs!

2/ If you could be a Roman or Norse god - which would you be?

I was going to be Loki - the mischief maker, but he ends up chained to a rock with his eyes gouged out, so... hard pass. 

Instead, I will go with Freyr. He's the god of fertility and the most respected member of the clan. 

A symbol of prosperity and pleasant weather conditions, he was frequently portrayed with a large phallus.

I'd have a pet boar. Prosperity and sunny days! Plus, you know... a big dick. What's not to love? 

3/ If you could be any character from a movie, television show, or book, who would it be?

Esther Hoffman Howard from a Star Is Born.

Because then I would get to be Janet Gaynor, Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, or Lady Gaga - depending on my mood. Although, I would probably be Streisand the most because she's like a superhero in that movie - she emerges as a solo artist from a girl trio without the other two women resenting her, she can build an adobe house from scratch in the middle of the desert in a single day, and then, there's that voice - which cuts through the darkest of days. 

Plus she sports a perm through the whole film and somehow pulls it off.

4/ If you could be in a relationship with any character from a movie, television show, or book, who would it be?

I would be the dude down the hall from the family in Good Times; the dude the dad, James sneaks away for a little on the downlow. 

No, I never actually appear on the show. 

But John Amos definitely has needs that Florida cannot fulfill - so he's got me. 

Especially when he's all frustrated and angry and needs to spank someone. In other words: every episode.

5/ If you could live in a town from a book, movie, or television series, which would it be?

I'm moving to Schitt's Creek, where there is no racism, no homophobia and are no guns - just whacky people living their quiet small town lives minus the small minds which typically accompany such locales.

And... Moira!

Though I don't think we're the same size. Still? Wigs!
 
6/ If you could be any superhero who would you be?

Sue Richards, the invisible girl. 

The ability to turn invisible at will and throw up a force field when needed. Yes! In addition I'd have lovely, long blond hair, a great rack and a figure that looks great in damn cat suit -  those add up to be superpowers all their own. I'd have a doctorate and be in a relationship with Reed Richards - AKA: Mr. Fantastic (and you know he lives up to that name in the bedroom.)

Now, Reed Richards can be something of a stick in the mud, but that's when I'd opt out, become invisible and go 'shopping'. 

7/ If you could be any villain, who would you be?

I have two I would love to try on...

First, I want to be crazy Faye Dunaway as Selena in the 1984 film Supergirl. 

Second, I want to be Sharon Stone as Laurel Hed in the 2004 film of Catwoman.

Yes, chewing scenery while wearing great clothes and walking away with a big paycheck? 

My kind of superpowers!

8/ If you could be any historical figure who would you be?

Elizabeth I

Who wouldn't want an entire age named after them?

"Video et taceo" (I see and keep silent.)

The more her beauty faded, the more her courtiers praised it. Now, that's the kind of smoke I wouldn't mind being blown up my ass (especially these days.) 

I would change a few things up. I would brush my teeth regularly and go easier on the make-up. Maybe be a little nicer to Mary, Queen of Scots (although Bess was right about the Catholic Church.)

Oh, and that whole Protestant Church nonsense. Yeah. Fuck that. Although... it would be a wonderful opportunity to introduce the idea of tolerance and acceptance of all. 

9/ If you could be any author, songwriter, screenplay writer, journalist, who would you be?

Oscar Wilde. 

Oh, I know it doesn't end well, but to be that clever! I have always wanted to be witty.

If I can't be Oscar? Then I'd be Dorothy Parker. I mean, if you have to be an alcoholic, then be a scintillating one!

Oh! Noel Coward! Class and droll! Ding, ding, ding!

10/ If you could be any inventor, who would it be?

I'd be the inventor of the time machine. And I wouldn't share it with anyone. Instead, I'd spend my time going into the past, trying to fix things. 

Of course, butterfly effect... but then, back into the time machine I'd go. It certainly would keep things interesting.

Plus... I'd never have to die and I'd stop aging. 

That's how it works? Right?

--- ---

And that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed this little excursion into the world of make believe.

Leave your answers and thoughts in the comments section, or post on your blog and leave a link here. 

And, as always... thanks for reading!

Oh! And below, find some examples of why James Evans would be stopping over at my place for some real 'good times.' 

(Sorry, Florida.)


It's Only Make Believe - Conway Twitty


















































If You Believe - Lena Horne

6 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Wait, this is just make believe????

If you could be any character from a fairytale, who would you be? Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk. I would like to go off exploring. And if would want to see a giant's huge giant dick?

If you could be a Roman or Norse god - which would you be? Bacchus, who doesn't want parties drink and orgies?

If you could be any character from a movie, television show, or book, who would it be? Auntie Mame

If you could be in a relationship with any character from a movie, television show, or book, who would it be? Couldn't I just be the slut to all the male marvel heroes?

If you could live in a town from a book, movie, or television series, which would it be? Port Wenn home of Doc Martin.

If you could be any superhero who would you be? Storm. I mean to control the weather would be excellent. The Republicans make a wrong move...down comes a blot of lightening and hurricanes.

If you could be any villain, who would you be? Poison Ivy. First to control plants and animals....then take over the earth with my triffaids and make it green again...and my kisses would be deadly.....

If you could be any historical figure who would you be? Eva Peron

If you could be any author, songwriter, screenplay writer, journalist, who would you be? I rather think Dorothy Parker is a good fit, no?

If you could be any inventor, who would it be? Benjamin Franklin was known for being an iconic statesman and inventor of on one field, but items all across the board.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohhh boys getting their swirl on? Sign me up!!
Ok, here's the thing:I like this too much and I'd love to have it as a feature in my blog. But hey.

1. I'd be Mulan. And I'd kiss a girl.
2. I would be Janus, and I'd kick all gay Repugs off heaven.
3. Ohh I'd like to be Neo in the Matrix trilogy. I look good in black.
4. I would have a relationship with Alex Carras, the dad in Webster. Yeah, call me a homewrecker. See if I care.
5. Yes, Schitt's Creek! We'd be neighbors and go to Rose's Apothecary to sing backup to Patrick.
6. I'd be Storm. I have a mean streak and I'm only happy when it rains.
7. If I could be a villain, I'd also be Sharon Stone. I'd be Catherine Tramell in Basic Instinct. She bangs.
8. I'd be Martin Luther and would never translate the Bible. There. Problem solved.
9. I would be Walt Whitman. And I'd be gay before gay was a thing.
10. I'd like to be Alan Touring and try not to kill myself. Being a fucking genius is fantastic.


XOXO

whkattk said...

This is harder than I thought...
1. The Genie from Alladin's Lamp...cuz once he's granted the wishes, he's free.
2. Posieden - Yeah, rule the seas.
3. Maude - she's smart and says what she thinks.
4. Gandalf - because, come on, he's the White Wizaed.
5. I'd be neighbors to either My Three Sons, or Bewitched.
6. Deadpool - He's a wisecracking superhero who can't die.
7. I'll have to take a pass.
8. Henry II - But I'd try to smack some sense into Richard, because Henry was right: Richard shouldn't have been king.
9. Either Stephen King (books) or Aaron Sorkin cuz he's the wizard of dialogue.
10. William Boeing - He of the modern-age of flying machines.

SickoRicko said...

There's something obvious here; it's on the tip of my tongue.

Deliciousdeity said...

Uff so many choices hahaha ..
1. Absolem, the hookah smoking caterpillar from White Rabbit
2. Verging away a bit, Ukko, Estonian Thor version :)
3. Eugene Morgan, the carmaker in The Magnificent Ambersons
4. Paul, the authorial voice in Dancer From the Dance
5. Dr. Seuss's Solla Sollew
6. The Silver Surfer, Norrin Radd
7. The Wizard of Oz, a humbug and fraud
8. Pierre Savorgnan de Brazza
9. June Mathis, in the thick of Hollywood's golden age
10. Gutenberg, of course :)

Jimmy said...

Your photos today are HAWT! I'd fight you for any one of them.

As far as your questions,...the only thing I can think of is Cinderfella.