Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday Fun: Happy National Hair Loss Awareness Month

Friday Fun:
Happy National Hair Loss Awareness Month

I can assure you... those of us who are follically-challenged were very aware once our hair began disappearing from the tops our heads. So to spend a whole month focused on it seems a bit... harsh. 

But, if we must celebrate it, then let's truly celebrate. 

As for those who remained well-maned? We know they are all too aware of the state of our hair. That's why many of us live a large percentage of our lives in public wearing baseball caps. Oh, the shame of it.

Though, I must point out that, yes, we baldies? We do have our fans. 

As do those who choose not to shave their scalp. Those living with and making the most of what nature has given them. Those men who proudly wear their eagles nests like a crown for all to see. 

Well, more power to 'em.  

Me? I cut my losses early. Made the best of a bad situation. I buzz it down to nothing daily. 

Of course the reason most frequently cited as the major cause of hair loss? 

Excess testosterone. 

Yes. Indeed.

So, put that feather in your caps, boys. 

As for the rest of you! Remember that little fact the next time you're about dismiss someone because their hair is no longer all there. 

Yes... You know what they're missing, but do you know what you're missing?

Judging from the pics below...

Hell, honey... all that excess testosterone?

It sure looks good on you!

--- ---

Ah, another weekend is upon us.
Celebrate life. Celebrate love.
Have the time of your life.
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

U Got The Look - Prince w/ Sheena Easton
























































You Look Good To Me - Cherrelle
























































Love Is The Look - Kristine W

5 comments:

Jimmy said...

My other half doesn't like when I shave my head. He prefers me fuzzy. I never wear a ball cap.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohhh bald men are sexy. Especially if they have some facial hair (I'm partial to facial hair, so there's that). I think it's smarter to just buzz it all off or keep it very, very short than let it grow too much, though.
And comb overs are verboten!
Yes, once I read that it was testosterone what killed those hair follicles and was keenly aware of the contradiction...

XOXO

whkattk said...

Mine has thinned a little bit, but it's still there - thank goodness. i don't think I could rock bald.

SickoRicko said...

What you lack in hair you made up for with all these men.

Mark Alexander said...

What a lovely collection!