Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday Diva / Three From The Hip: Paula Abdul

Sunday Diva / Three From The Hip: 
Paula Abdul 

In my big gay church, there are many, many wings. One is dedicated to those referred to as Forever Our Girls. They are the girls next door. The ones who seemed accessible, real and a part of every day life while stealing our hearts with their girlish charms. And they did it all wrapped up in the trappings of whatever was topping the charts at the time. Sounds changed. Styles came and went, but the one thing that remained constant? Their voice.

And in Ms. Abdul's case? Her ability to dance!

Bursting on the scene with so much energy and drive. one couldn't help but fall in love. 

The beats were big, the choreography exquisite, but it was her girl-next-door appeal that captivated the world.

We watched as she matured from Laker Girl to pop idol to reality show host. And along the way, she left us with with a number of tasty tunes, many memorable moments and numerous 'bon mots.'

Yes, from time to time, our princess was, indeed, a hot mess. 

But we still cheered for her. We still wanted her to overcome and succeed. And we still do.

For, she truly is forever our girl!

The gospel according to her? 

Well, here are three (eight) from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic? Paula-isms



"I'm tired of people not treating me like the gift that I am."

“I worked my ass off. My ass off, Jeff!"


"The last time I had a hit record, Billy and Hilary were having sex, That's a long time ago.”

"I feel blessed to have as many comebacks as I can."



"Great. Just what I needed was a compliment on my wardrobe from someone who's always on the worst-dressed list."

"For all of those willing to help me start a family, I am flattered. I will let you know when I need your help."

Forever Your Girl - Paula Abdul

Vibeology - Paula Abdul 

Dance Like There's No Tomorrow - Paula Abdul

And one three parting shots...

"Constructive criticism is about finding something good and positive to soften the blow to the real critique of what really went on."

"Beyond being Jewish, I've always found myself to be very much in tune with spirituality."

"Everything is always a little surreal."

1 comment:

SickoRicko said...

Still lookin' good.