Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Kelly Clarkson



Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip:
Kelly Clarkson

In my big gay church, there are many, many wings. One is dedicated to those referred to as Forever Our Girls. They are the girls next door. The ones who seemed accessible, real and a part of every day life while stealing our hearts with their girlish charms. And they did it all wrapped up in the trappings of whatever was topping the charts at the time. Sounds changed. Styles came and went, but the one thing that remained constant? Their voice.

One such hometown girl?

Kelly Clarkson

Big voice. Powerful. Down home personality. You can dress her up anyway you like, she'll always be the girl in a pair jeans and a t-shirt.

She's worn many hats: pop singer, songwriter, reality television star, talk show host.

And had her share of ups and downs.

People keep talking. About her divorce. About her weight. 

But one thing remains constant... her allure. 

America loves her... for she will always be our American Idol. 

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic? Being Different

--- ---


"The question I love to get asked is: 'What's the hardest part of your job?' And literally, the answer is probably real sad, but it's to just to be me. Like, it's really hard, because I think people, you know, have a set idea of what a pop star should be."


"The hardest thing about being in this business is just being able to be yourself. People act like there's this one set of rules to follow to be a pop star and I think, 'Well, you say I'm a pop star, so maybe that's not true.' My whole point is like, well, if I’m the pop star, then it should be whatever I am. There’s, you know, room for Katy Perry's and Adele's and Rihanna's and Lady Gaga's and Ke$ha's and me and Pink's. I think what’s great about all of us is that we represent something different."


"Everyone is different: different shapes, sizes, colors, beliefs, personalities, and you have to celebrate those differences. It’s ignorant to think you know everything about a person. There’s many different sides to everybody's personality and there’s just different colors to a personality. Honestly, I just think we all have special gifts, everyone. You know, obviously, some are more noticeable than others and that’s why there’s the limelight. Everybody’s in it. You need to be happy with who you are and, whoever that is, let your little light shine."

Since You've Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson

Catch My Breath - Kelly Clarkson

Piece By Piece - Kelly Clarkson

And one parting shot...

"Everyone says I'm like the girl next door... Y'all must have really weird neighbors!"

3 comments:

Bob said...

I love me some Kelly because of the fact that she is just being Kelly.
That said, that version of Piece By Piece has me in tears every time I hear it.

Jimmy said...

I see her as a good girl (woman). Anyone who achieves the level of her success is driven to succeed to greatness. That includes the other singers she mentioned in the interview.

Mistress Maddie said...

Hopefully she sticks to music. Her talk show sucks....and I fear she approaching the annoying level of Rachel Ray.

I hope to return soon....or later. Kisses💋