Followers

Total Pageviews

Friday, September 01, 2023

Friday Fun: Happy National Classical Music Month!

Friday Fun:
Happy National Classical Music Month!

Zing! went the strings of my hard... er, umm... heart.

Yes. 'Heart'.

For I do love me some classical music. 

September is National Classical Music Month, so I thought I'd mention it right away.

Though I much prefer 'no-strings' fun - I'm rather mad for these.

Classical - violin, guitar, viola, cello... sign me up.

Oh, and by the way, it also happens to be National Piano Month. And what is classical music without a piano. 

Did you know that the piano is considered both a string and a percussive instrument? True!

So... don't just string them along... go ahead, pluck away at those heart strings. 

It all makes my 'heart' sing!

May your lives be filled with music and love...
...and the music you love.
Enjoy!
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

The World is a Concerto - Barbra Streisand
from the 1973 television special
Barbra Streisand And Other Musical Instruments
























































Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart - Judy Garland
from the 1938 motion picture Listen, Darling

3 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Every mouth and day in Classic Music for me. I listen every day.

And don' think I didn't miss the Christopher Marchant up above with his violin. I have seen him and Well Strung and met them no less then 15 times. They are excellent!!!! When they came to New Hope once, they stayed at the Raven. Chris loved the pool. And he was indeed well st-hung!!!

Have a good Labor Day...Im out of here.

whkattk said...

Some classical I like, some not. But both song vids you've posted are very good. Always like Judy's version. And I remember that Babs CBS special and have the album (of course). Happy weekend!

SickoRicko said...

I love Barbra!