Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 10, 2023

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip: Adam Lambert

Sunday Diva/Three From The Hip:
Adam Lambert

In my big gay church there is a wing dedicated to The Divas Who Represent. They're not all flashy or cocks of the walk - in fact, some never officially came out of the closet during their lifetime - but they are all extraordinarily gifted, sharing their songs, music, and insights, allowing the world at large to learn, in the most subtle of ways, what it's like 'being green'. Thanks to their gifts and their bravery, they help make the world a little more gay every time their voices are heard. And that's been their true super power all along... their voice; they were heard. They mattered. And, whether they liked it or not, they represented!

One such juggernaut?

Adam Lambert.

As refreshing as he is talented, this musically mercurial maestro remains an ever changing shapeshifter, for he's yet to meet a musical genre he can't conquer.

He's instinctual. Self-created. That's why he can vocally change on a dime anytime. 

Yes, he trained. He learned the rules... and then? Dispensed with them and wrote his own.

He's still writing them. And from what I can tell the best is yet to come.

For he's forever evolving - but not like Bowie - for he never hides behind a persona. In fact, he's never hidden anything ever. 

It's his honesty which keeps him purely in touch with his gift. Something too few are willing to do. You see...

This man lives with himself. 

And he likes it there.

And so do we.

The gospel according to him?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from his lips.

The topic? Sexuality


"I don't think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I'm gay. I'm proud of my sexuality. I embrace it. It's just another part of me."

"'Come out' is so funny to me because I've never been in."

"I get why certain actors want to stay in the closet."

"I have nothing to hide."

"I don't feel closeted."

"I am gay, and I'm very comfortable with it."

"My wish is for gay to become less of a label, and more of just one of many great colors in the collective box of humanity."


"I've been kind of toying around with the bi thing in my head. I wouldn't ever give myself the label bisexual, but bi-curious, yeah."

"I've been known to make out with girls from time to time. Couple drinks involved, you know. It's fun. And who knows? Maybe it'll go further someday. I don't know."

"I have crushes on women all the time. I don't have intimate relationships with them, but I find women beautiful."


"I am who I am."

"I'm proud of my sexuality."

"I love myself and I am a good person."

"At least I can say that I'm honest."

Whatya Want From Me - Adam Lambert

Ghost Town - Adam Lambert

Getting Older - Adam Lambert

And one last parting shot...

"If something doesn't look right, throw some glitter on it."



1 comment:

whkattk said...

The man SLAYS.
Theatre trained. That's where you learn to sell the story of a song.