Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 06, 2020

Sunday Diva / Three From The Hip: Lady Gaga

Sunday Diva / Three From The Hip: 
Lady Gaga

In my own personal big gay church, there is a wing dedicated to those who are strikingly unique, one of a kind pioneers. 

Or... they just have a knack for borrowing the good stuff.

I mean, hey... If you're going to borrow? Borrow from the best! Am I right?

And this lady? She has an eye for style - be it Bowie, Madonna, Cleo Lane, Lana Turner, Bette Midler, or Cher.

Well, it is, indeed, a talent. And one that has served her well. 

Gaga is a thief? Naw. She's an empath - someone who is able to divine the very essence of what makes that something speak to the world. She absorbs. She regurgitates. She puts her own spin on it.

Make of that what you will. But it all comes from a very good place... a well-intentioned soul.

And her world? It is all-inclusive. Her fervent desire is, that through her, every individual will come to love and respect themselves; embracing themselves for who and what they are. 

To do that? One must be courageous. And this one?

Baby, she was born that way.

The gospel according to her?

Well, here's three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic? Being fearless.

“All that ever holds somebody back, I think, is fear. For a minute I had fear. Then, I went into my dressing room and shot my fear in the face...”

“Never be afraid to be kicked in the teeth. Let the blood and the bruises define your legacy.”

“You have to stop crying, and you have to go kick some ass.”

Poker Face - Lady Gaga

Perfect Illusion - Lady Gaga

Shallow - Lady Gaga

And one last parting shot...

“Once you kill a cow, you gotta make a burger”

6 comments:

Bob said...

When I first saw her,I thought she was a little too somebody else.But the girl can sang, which somebody else isn't known for.

Thanks for these three. Nice way to start a Sunday.

anne marie in philly said...

she is gorgeous, she takes chances, she gives her all.

Jimmy said...

That last photo of Ga Ga is stunning! She was Julliard educated.

Mistress Maddie said...

Boy....im a bad bad bad gay. I know you probably fell off your chair when I said I could take Judy Garland in small doses,Liza Minnelli...nope. I also despise along with Mariah Scary, Beyawnce,and Celine Dion!!!!! I can take Babs also in small does. I have yet again never been a fan of Lady Gaga and I have absouletly no reason why. Very seldom does a song come on of hers I won't change. Never saw the movie with her either. I think part of it was what you mention...and the song are burn out. I will say I will say I follow her fashion more. I know your shocked right???? Im a bad failing and queen. What's next??? Just give me Yma Sumac any day.

SickoRicko said...

She's a fabulous individual.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I like GaGa.
I saw her in concert and it was fab. I like her two first albums and the Tony Bennet one best. I can see why the gays love her, though...

XOXO