Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Wonderland Burlesque's Happy Little Quiz

Wonderland Burlesque's 
Happy Little Quiz

How do you generate happiness? 

By concentrating on it. Hence today's quiz. I want you to get in touch with what you're really excited about. Tell me... what puts a smile on your face?

Ready?

Go on now... make like the Partridge Family and get happy!

1/ What makes you happy? Right now.

My first cup of coffee in the morning. I used to poo-poo flavored coffees. Thought they were anathema. But, at the moment, I am finding them rather entertaining.

My bicycle. I have been riding it almost every day. I love jumping on it and taking off and how young it makes me feel. I also adore swinging my leg over the top of it, as the bike is still moving, when dismounting. Like riding a horse.

Daily dog walks.
Working from home does have its advantages and my little Hercules is reaping the rewards!

Reading. I have read so much since March 9th. I am a slow reader, but I have been tearing through a lot of odd stuff simply due to the amount of time I have on my hands these days.

1970's Pop Music by one-hit wonders. Nothing puts me in a better mood. I have this collection of CDs I made back in the days of Hamster (a Napster knock-off). Song, after song; just fills me with joy.

Writing. I love words. I like moving them around. I love researching things and editing. Nothing makes my day like stumbling on a little unexpected information about a person or topic. It's like a finding a secret prize at the bottom of the cereal box. 

2/ What are you looking forward to this weekend?

My first first cocktail
during happy hour on Friday. I've been doing a virtual happy hour with my youngest sister, her husband, and the boyfriend. We talk about everything and anything. And it is a lot of fun, exchanging ideas. Actual discussions having gone the way of so many things since this covid thing has taken over our lives. 

3/ What are you looking forward to once there is a vaccine that works and life resumes to a state similar to the way it was pre-Covid 19?

I thought my answer would be to hook-up with some random, but this covid thing has kind of poured a whole lot of cold water on that previously raging fire. I dunno. 

Going to a restaurant? Again. Covid has made me super aware of the number of hands I need to trust in order for food to arrive to my table. I'd rather do it myself. And I doubt I will ever trust a buffet again. Well, maybe in Europe. For breakfast. I dunno.

Going to a concert? I don't know if I want to sit that close to anyone for that long. 

What's going on with me?

I've never felt the need to be social, but have always gone through the motions for the sake of others. At this point in my life? I'm not seeing or feeling the need. 

Hmm. This one has me stumped.

4/ What season of the year makes you the happiest?

Summer. I love the sun. Love the heat - dry or humid. Just give me blue skies. I may sit in the shade a lot, but I do adore the freedom of wearing less and sitting outside without fear of frostbite. 

Life is simply easier in summer.

5/ What holiday or celebration makes you the happiest?

Thanksgiving
- because of the focus on food. Food makes me happy. 

Halloween - Costumes, haunted houses, scary movies... what's not to love?

6/ What is a food that fills you with happiness?

Vegetable Masala on a bed of jasmine rice.

Mashed potatoes with peas mixed in. 

Vegetarian Chili with oyster crackers.

7/ Name a song that makes you happy when you hear it?

Misdemeanor by Foster Sylvers

Heartbeat, It's A Lovebeat - The DeFranco Family

Fly, Robin, Fly - The Silver Convention

8/ What hobby or activity always puts you in a great or better mood?

Exercise
. Doesn't matter what kind - running, biking, hiking, weight lifting. There's an immediate reward with the release of endorphins and I love the feeling of accomplishment - even if the results these days appear to be a case of diminishing returns. 

9/ What do you do that makes other people happy?

Listen. People really like it when you listen to them. Nod your head a lot. They like that, too.

Clean their house. Some people just need to know you care and this is one way of doing that. Plus - a clean, safe environment? What's not to love? But... maybe get their permission first? 

Cook for them. People typically respond favorably to food they don't have to work for.

Spend time with them.
Personally? I am not a social person, but a lot of people need other people to physically be in the same room for an extended period of time in order to be happy. Me? I can do that.

So, in other words... I make people happy by finding out what makes them happy and then doing it. It takes time and a little effort. But, like what else am I here for?

10/ What was the happiest day of your life, so far?

I'd like to think it hasn't happened yet. But, actually, there was one thing...

The day I learned that this drug that my doctor put me on was working. We'd been grasping at straws for quite a while and coming up short. Things were not good. A lot of conversations began with "It's time you start thinking about... it's time you start planning for..." 

The day I started showing a bit of improvement and turning that corner? That was huge. Like winning a second chance on life. When you get that kind of reprieve... you sort of reassess things and suddenly you find that the things you thought were really important? Not so important. You get a chance to pick up some of the balls you'd been dropping all your life. 

I've been making up for lost time ever since. 

--- ---

Okay, kids. 

Your turn. 

You know what to do: leave your answers in the comments section or post them on your blog and leave a link. 

Hope this put a smile on your face. 

We could all use a little happy!

Thanks for reading.

The Partridge Family - Come On, Get Happy!










































































































































Misdemeanor - Foster Sylvers

Heart Beat, It's A Lovebeat - The DeFranco Family

Fly, Robin, Fly - Silver Convention

7 comments:

Bob said...

1. What makes you happy? Right now.
Early morning quiet, greeting the pets, the rain that’s coming, Carlos. I learned from my parents that all you really “get” in life is happiness, so you have to find it and nurture it.
2. What are you looking forward to this weekend?
We are having another socially distant dinner, where we move the dining table into the living room, put the leaves in it so it seats 12, and then have six of us for dinner. The cooking makes me happy, the bartending makes me happy, the whole night is happy.
3. What are you looking forward to once there is a vaccine that works and life resumes to a state similar to the way it was pre-Covid 19?
To get out and just go somewhere where things are open; day trips, weekend trips, planning the next vacation.
I thought my answer would be to hook-up with some random, but this covid thing has kind of poured a whole lot of cold water on that previously raging fire. I dunno.
4. What season of the year makes you the happiest?

I actually like them all, though towards the end of each I’m ready for the next.
5. What holiday or celebration makes you the happiest?
Thanksgiving is my favorite because of the food and friends and family and getting together; it requires no gifts, other than being present.
6. What is a food that fills you with happiness?

We just had a mini-cool spell and so I made my first vat of soup, so, today, that’s my favorite.
7. Name a song that makes you happy when you hear it?
It changes, this morning it’s anything by Sammy Davis Jr., “Who Can I Turn To.”
8. What hobby or activity always puts you in a great or better mood?
Walking does it; I find it meditative. But doing anything creative also works…cooking, writing reading, painting…
9. What do you do that makes other people happy?
Pay attention; be present. Be a friend.

10. What was the happiest day of your life, so far?
Wedding Day, because I’d spent my whole life thinking I would never be allowed to do that.

anne marie in philly said...

1 - knitting warm winter hats for the homeless. every year my local yarn shop does a charity project for a non-profit org. I try to participate each year.

2 - a nice take-out meal from a local restaurant (no chains). we don't feel comfortable eating inside a restaurant yet.

3 - eating inside a restaurant.

4 - autumn

5 - labor day cause it's mah birfday week!

6 - pizza, seafood

7 - "do you believe in magic", loving spoonful

8 - reading and knitting and listening to music

9 - remembering them on their birthdays/anniversaries with a card

10 - the day I divorced my ex (in july 1991); he would marry another woman in october 1991 cause he got her preggers

whkattk said...

1. Iced tea. I have a bottomless glass. Floating in my pool (naked). Music. Reading. Writing. Yes, I am a writer (fiction, non-fiction, stage scripts).
2. Wishing I could ignore the fuss over my birthday. Just a simple "Happy birthday" makes me happy. I don't need or want all the other bs.
3. A nice, long, gentle massage.
4. Summer. Always. Give me sun and a place to be naked.
5. None of them. I've always hated the holidays.
6. Italian. Anything Italian.
7. "When You Wish Upon a Star" It always says there is a glimmer of hope.
8. Nude swimming, at home or at the beach.
9. Listen, apparently. I have friends who call just so they can vent or complain because I just sit and listen without judgement.
10. I don't think it's happened yet. Maybe when someone finds a cure, or at least treatment that works, for my M.D.?

SickoRicko said...

Right off the top of my head my depression keeps me from happiness. I have to think about this for a while.

Mark Greene said...

Very good post. Very well put together and thought out. This a very much needed change of pace. Awesome! Now for me ? Hmm, I'm gonna have to dig a little:

!. WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY RIGHT NOW? I love to write And like you it is so fun searching for information. I like discovering words I haven't heard before like "anathema" and using it against the person I heard say it. :-) Oh, I sometimes like to be a smartass. My spell check tells me "smartaas is the worng spelling so I stand corrected. :-0

2. WHAT AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND? I hardly ever have anything planned for the weekend. I'm kind of a "Whatever happens happens" kind of guy.

3. WHAT AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO ONCE THERE IS A VACCINE AND LIFE RESUMES BACK TO A STATE SIMILAR TO THE PRE-COVID ERA? Honestly I believe my life and behaviors are forever changed. I'M GOING TO TELL YOU A TRUE STORY. About two years ago I decided to make healthier changes to my lifestyle. One of the things was to cut back on going out to eat. It is way too expensive (Although an occasional outing is alright) And I had come to a realization that I don't know who's preparing my food. After having to report to one of the employees at a store that one of their workers come out of the toilet stall without even thinking of washing their hands my perspective of who handles my food changed greatly. And that was more than two years ago. So I believe that I don't have much I'm looking forward to. I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm just content with my entertainment now.

4.WHAT SEASON MAKES ME HAPPIEST? I can't really answer that. Most of my life It was winter. I used to love sitting out on the porch and watching and listening to the rain. But then I also love fall; seeing all of the colors from the leaves. Black is my favorite color so I love that it is cool enough to wear black most of those seasons. But summer is when a lot of my young neighbors come out in their tight jeans and shorts with no underwear SO..........

5. FAVORITE HOLIDAY? I don't do holidays anymore. Some of it because I have my own religious convictions, others because I'm just not a big holiday person. I often feel like a scrooge because people don't understand why I do want to follow certain tradition. Then I end up celebrating because of a sense of family and friend pressure or guilt. I say this every year but I am really done with the whole holiday thing.

6.FOOD THAT MAKES ME HAPPY? I can tear up some pizza !

7.SONG THAT MAKES ME HAPPY? Way too many to name !

8. WHAT HOBBIES OR ACTIVITY PUTS ME IN A GREAT OR BETTER MOOD? Writing whether it's my journal, a short story or poetry. I love finding various male subjects of all kinds to pose for my erotic art.

9. WHAT DO I DO THAT MAKES OTHER PEOPLE HAPPY? I really can't answer that. I will say that I like to be able to help someone in any capacity as possible......And legal.

10. WHAT WAS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE? When I turned 18 I was so thrilled that I could vote. I didn't care about drinking or anything most young guys would think about. I just was thrilled that I had the opportunity to vote. Also my most happiest day I could think of besides that was the day I was baptized. Although I don't attend church much and I don't have the lifestyle I followed when I was more devout in my relationship with GOD, That was and I believe will always be my most cherished day. Christianity has been seen as something that has destroyed many lives because of judgement Especially in the gay community. But It is not the doctrine as much as it's people's perception of that doctrine. Just because someone calls themselves a Christian doesn't mean they are living the life. And yes I have and still have conflicts with what I've been taught and how my lifestyle is today. But Somehow I always find peace in prayer. I guess that's somewhat why I disappear for awhile . Sometimes I just got to unplug and get my mind right.


Mistress Maddie said...

I love these...it's the only way we get to know you and each other.

What makes you happy? Right now. I'll go with coffee. You don't know what what I was doing before that.

What are you looking forward to this weekend? I think a walk in New Hope and possible hit a meal out again since I know when and where to go at the right time.

What are you looking forward to once there is a vaccine that works and life resumes to a state similar to the way it was pre-Covid 19? Traveling and a job.

What season of the year makes you the happiest? SUMMER!

My holidays are Thanksgiving and then Halloween.

What is a food that fills you with happiness? Cheese cheese cheese! Im a mouse!!!!

What hobby or activity always puts you in a great or better mood? Can't lie. Sex or masturbating.

What do you do that makes other people happy? I try to make them laugh with my non sense, and funny stories and jokes.

What was the happiest day of your life, so far? Boy that's a hard one. I think my happiest day always seem to happen at beach though. Im always very gleeful when at the beach.The day I got my own place was a good day too.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

What makes me happy?
my friends. blogging. reading. watching movies.
And I can do all that during the pandemic.
When COVID-19 is over and there's a vaccine, I'm gonna whore myself out.

XOXO

P.S. I'm of course, stealing this.