Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Weekend Onesie: First Love Leads to Couple's Dance

Weekend Onesie: 
First Love Leads to Couple's Dance

Yesterday, we celebrated National First Love Day, here, at Wonderland Burlesque. It made me think of this picture and I couldn't resist sharing it with you today.

I 'heart' this picture so much.

I have since the moment I laid eyes on it.

I don't know what it is, but it made me tear up... and I still tear up when I think of what this photo captures.

Look at. Study it. Think about the environment. 

They are so young. So innocent. 

They have taken such care to have such a traditional wedding. 

With their matching shoes and socks and shiny new suits. Fresh haircuts. The two of them put so much effort into getting this moment exactly right. Everything is new and fresh. Their lives... together, hold such promise. 

They rented the hall. Their guests are seated. And it's time... for couple's dance; that first dance of the evening. And their first dance together as... a married couple. 

This is what we're voting to protect on November 3rd, my friends. 

Because Ruth Bader Ginsberg is an amazing human being, but... she is not immortal.

So, when that friend of yours from work, you know the one - they are typically an ally? Right? They get it. They love you for who you are? When they tell you that they are not going to vote this year because they are burnt out on politics or they tell you it won't make a difference? 

You ask them if they know who Ruth Bader Ginsberg is... 

And then you show them this photo. 

And you tell them... these kids? The ones in this photo. So happy. So in love. So happy to be able to share that love with their friends and families? 
 
That's what you're voting for this election. 

That's what you're voting to protect.

And if they truly are an ally?

They will do the right thing.

They will vote, too.

(Update: I wrote this last Thursday. I had no idea. Ruth Bader Ginsberg is a personal hero of mine. And I am devastated. Life is so weird.)

(Now... get out the vote!)

 --- ---

Have a lovely weekend.
Enjoy!
- Uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Young Love - Tab Hunter

Ruth Bader Ginsberg

4 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

that young couple is SO much in love. reminds me of pete and chasten. VOTE like RBG would!

SickoRicko said...

Excellent post. I "heart" that photo, too.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Loves it!
I am not one for 'conventional' weddings (to heteronormative for my taste) but I do think they're a statement that is welcome when made. I think we have come a long way from when the reiligulous wrong used us as the boogieman to collect money. But I also think gay people have grown too complacent and are taking the rights we have gained for granted.
Look at RBG's passing. The courts will get stacked with some other wingnut bought and paid by the repugs and we'll be back to step one.
Darn, I didn't want to get dark.
Well, I do love that pic, too.

XOXO

BlkJack said...

๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜❤๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค