Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 02, 2020

And When October Goes...

And When October Goes...

Oh, I have to be honest, I am literally phoning this one in. Today, I am driving back to Minnesota, after spending some much needed time away at my youngest sister's house in Cambridge, WI. 

Some of these photos have been on my phone for weeks and I couldn't think of a time to actually post them. But something tells me this week is going to be... a little different, here, at Wonderland Burlesque.

We'll resume our regularly scheduled programming at some point later this week. Until then? Let's mourn the passing of October my favorite way... with this lovely Barry Manilow song.

When October Goes - Barry Manilow

The song came to be shortly after the passing of Johnny Mercer. Mercer's widow approached Manilow with a snippet of lyrics Mercer had written, explaining that the songwriting legend had grown quite fond of Manilow's music. The song was released as a single in 1984.

For me, it has always perfectly captured the way I feel this time of year. 

And this year? Well, it takes on new meaning, as there is one particular dream that we all share on the imminent horizon.

Most of these photos are from three weeks ago, before the snow arrived in Minnesota, along with the colder temps. These are the trees I see on my daily dog walk, along with a couple of snaps from my final visit to the prairie. 

The costumed individuals are my youngest sister, her hubby, the boyfriend and myself, in our Halloween finery. We all walked, hand in hand, to downtown Cambridge to visit a used-a-bit charity shop my sister sits on the board of. I purchased several items - a pair of like-new Caphalon pots, four CDs, and two long-sleeved tops. The money goes to a variety of good causes impacting the local community. An example: a sixteen year old girl came out to her family recently and got kicked out of her family's home. All the proceeds garnered that month went to obtaining and setting her up in her own apartment.

Wishing you all the very best. Chin up.

As the saying goes...

...we'll all get through this together.

--- ---






























5 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

I am sorry to hear about that 16 year old; her "family" sucks ass. she needs help to keep her life on track. YAYZ that she is OUT and PROUD!

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Omg Baby Shark! LoL
And I love that you guys dressed up. This October was different.
And I do think we need to keep our chins up. Until Cheeto is out of the White House.

XoXo

whkattk said...

I hope you had a lovely Halloween.
Maybe by the end of this week we can all breathe a little easier.

I'd never heard this. Nice. Thank you!

SickoRicko said...

Beautiful pix of fall foliage. My favorite time of year, except for winter around the corner. Fun pix of your shopping entourage. Take care. Stay safe.

Mistress Maddie said...

And I bet your the shark looking for man meat?!?!?!

The foliage this week was downright glorious. I never seem to tire of looking at pictures of it.

I hope to see you again. If this election doesn't bode well, I may be gone in a depression.......