Followers

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sunday Diva / Three From the Hip: Dolly Parton

Sunday Diva / Three From the Hip: 
Dolly Parton

In my own personal big gay church there is a special wing dedicated to The Working Girls. These ladies have had long careers spanning decades with great chart success. They've hosted television shows, starred in movies, appeared on variety shows, championed causes, ruled the music charts and had their ups and downs. But they kept on and keep on working.

One managed to do it all while sharing her special brand of sunshine and Smoky Mountain-style wisdom...

Dolly Parton.

Light of a clear blue morning, indeed!

Dolly is just what we need these days... a sprinkle of glitter, a dab of self-deprecating humor, and some gentle chiding... singing a simple song with her pixie dust voice.

Dolly has always made everything alright. 

She remains one of the most genuine people on the planet. Kind. Generous. Thoughtful.

I don't believe in angels. But I do believe in Dolly Parton.

She's managed to do it all... movies, albums, singles, variety shows, tours, television.

And won our hearts in the process. 

The gospel according to her?

Well, here are three from the hip, dropping from her lips.

The topic? Gay Folk


"I am not gay, but if I were, I would be the first one running out of the closet."


"I didn't know any gay people in my childhood. I do have a lot of gays in my family now, but some will never come out. 
I have a big gay and lesbian following and they've been very loyal and kind to me."


"I try to see the good in everybody, and I don't care who people are as long as they're themselves, whatever that is. God tells us not to judge one another, no matter what anyone's sexual preferences are or if they're black, brown or purple. 
I think everyone should be with who they love."

Dumb Blonde - Dolly Parton

Light of A Clear Blue Morning - Dolly Parton

When Life is Good Again - Dolly Parton

And one last parting shot...

"If I hadn't been a woman, I'd be a drag queen for sure. I like all that flair and I'd be dressing up in them high heels and putting on the big hair. I'd be like Ru Paul."

5 comments:

Bob said...

I don't know how you whittled Dolly's catalogue down to just three, but thanks for doing this. Started my day off with a smile and a tune!

Isobel Tolley said...

I think she must hold the title of most loved woman in the world now, and deserves it

anne marie in philly said...

we need more dolly partons in the world and way fewer donald dumps. and yeah, I can see her dressing up like rupaul.

SickoRicko said...

I love her as well.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

I love Dolly.
I don't even like country music and I love Dolly! I have watched many a TV program just because she was in it. There's a light about her... And she gave money for the COVID-19 vaccine!
I think she did a duet with Boy George and I have that CD somewhere...

XOXO