Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 07, 2020

Weekend Onesie: Political Alchemy

Weekend Onesie: Political Alchemy 

What a week.

I have been up and down and all around.

Tuesday (Election Night), I turned on the television at 8:10 pm.

I immediately began screaming expletives at the screen.

I turned off the television at 8:11 pm. No need to spend an evening doing that! 

I didn't turn it back on until the next evening, after my niece convinced me that the numbers were actually in Biden's favor.

I then began to concentrate on the electoral college map and failed to realize that light blue did not mean that it had already been added into Biden's total. Now, I knew that light pink meant that it hadn't been counted in the orange ogre's total, but, somehow, that didn't translate. I did the math over and over and could not see a way for either candidate to reach 270. 

Again, my niece (bless her heart) came to the rescue... explaining what is what.

Wednesday night was spent waiting for votes from Arizona to come in. My heart sank, as the orange ogre gained 13,000 on Biden, who was still leading in that state - but now, by just under 80,000 votes.

Watching the various talking heads fill two hours of broadcasting time pointing at charts and maps while proffering speculative politico-speak and bringing on so-called 'experts' was almost more than I could bear.

Yet I watched. 

And this photo sprung to mind, as it perfectly captured the silliness (and some might say futility) that this type of broadcast 'news' would appear to offer.

We watch, because we have hope and wish to learn new information to help buoy our hopes.

No doubt, I will be spending many more hours watching this type of programming in the coming days.

Because, as we all know... it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Or... in this case, until the fat man learns to accept the truth.

In the meantime, as we loll about in limbo (political purgatory?) - let's all do what my favorite disco diva urges us to do and...

...carry on, my loves!

--- ---

Hope you are having a dynamite weekend. 
The weather here is lovely, though that changes tomorrow.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow... 
Enjoy!
- Uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

Carry On - Donna Summer & Giorgio Moroder

7 comments:

Jimmy said...

I have started watching Shepard Smith's new NEWS show on CNBC at 7pm. I never watched Shep on FOX but knew he was gay. He quit FOX on air which stunned everyone. His delivery is refreshing and he covers news around the country and the world. It is worth a look see.

anne marie in philly said...

KEEP THE FAITH for uncle joe!

we are still counting here in PA; we are COUNTING EVERY FUCKING VOTE!

Bob said...

I'm with you. I couldn't watch for more than a minute at a time that first night, and even now I can only take so much, I need the winner declared and the loser in chains.

Mistress Maddie said...

What a week is right!!!!!!! It wasn't till I went to see Independence Hall on Thursday that did I start to feel good. And the hard work paid off BIDEN HAS WON!!!!! I have never been so tired and put in a wringer in a week. Im spent.

SickoRicko said...

Biden prevailed!!

Still waiting on the Senate.

I hope it turns, even if only a little.

Anonymous said...

Well, now *puts on valkyrie costume, starts gathering logs*

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Such a long week!
Love the vintage beefcake, though.
And Donna!

XOXO