Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2022

Acquired Tastes XLIII Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 121: Adonis Classics, Part 5 of 25

Acquired Tastes XLIII 
Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 121: 
Adonis Classics, Part 5 of 25

Greenleaf Classic Books, the publishers of  the Adonis Classics imprint, began in 1959 and continued until 1971, when management lost focus on the business as the government's prosecution for obscenity became a major concern.

By 1974,a new management team and staff were in place, operating out of an office at 7523 Raytheon Road in San Diego and production ceased on all existing imprints. In an attempt to break into mainstream markets, two new imprints were started which used cover art and titles that were not provocative. These efforts failed.

The year 1975 marks the end of  Greenleaf Classics' Vintage period. It is at this time, with the loosening of censorship laws, that the Adonis Classics imprint began production. It marks the end of Greenleaf Classic's Classic Age (1959-1975.) 

Adonis Classics would release a total of 252 titles during it's lifespan. 

The first twenty covers feature white backgrounds (with one exception) and colored drawings or black and white pencil illustrations. After the first two titles, a particular type-face was established, with the title appearing above the illustration. The distinctive Adonis Classics symbol was established with either the seventh or eighth title in the series.

After the first twenty titles, the imprint switched to their iconic red covers (though sometimes pink,) featuring a black and white illustration framed in a black circle which has an arrow attached - a universal sign designating something as 'male.' The book's title at the top of the cover is encased in a white circle with an arrow (the symbol for male.)

Today, we fared a bit better than last week, with eight out of ten covers found!

--- ---

Ranch House Stud
Author: Harlon Bond
AC 141
(Cover Not Found)

I have always found ranch houses to be the most boring design scheme for a home. 

However, this title clearly refers to the type with cowboys and ranch hands... which means I am definitely on board. No one wears a pair of jeans quite like a cute cowboy - those suckers are painted on. Add to that a nice hat and a pair of boots? You've got yourself a fetish in the making. 

Ah, there's something about being on the open range. Of course Brokeback Mountain raised all sorts of appreciation for the lifestyle, though I do believe there was already a built-in audience for that sort of thing.  

--- ---

Author: F.W. Love
AC 142 

What the hell is happening in that illustration. It looks like the Jolly Green Giant or Hulk just grab a young one by the strap of his jock and swung him upside down. Not that there aren't advantages to that position. You 69 your way, I'll 69 mine!

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Author: F.W. Love
AC 143

I guess this used to actually happen in certain adult movie theatres in cities like New York. In fact, Man's Country in Chicago had such a theatre and tales of shows past are still being told to this day. That iconic bathhouse had seen better days by the time I experienced it, but that stage in the middle of the theatre was still there. Of course, now, it has gone the way of the wrecking ball. 

Still... those stories live on.

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Water Sports Stud 
Author: F.W. Love
AC144

Huh, another young one hijacked by his own jock straps. I am sensing a theme!

I'm not opposed to water sports, having been on both the giving and receiving end in my day. In fact, I am still acquainted with a hot stud at the prairie I call Mr. Fister who every once in a great while is in a giving mood. 

For me? It's like something you order off the menu as a side dish once in a blue moon. A steady diet of such would pretty much ruin its unique qualities for moi.

--- ---

Dirt Road Cousins
Author: Thad Fargo
AC 145

This type of outdoor scene certainly intrigues me. Something tells me that whatever those two in the water are staring at, it's not a tree branch.

I must confess, I had lots of fantasies about my older male cousins, however... they always seemed to cut me out of the inner circle. It could be that they sensed my difference. I'm pretty sure they were all fooling around with one another... I simply wasn't invited to the party. 

--- ---

Author: F.W. Love
AC 146

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

Locker room fantasies remain just that for me these days. I haven't been in a proper gym's locker room since the day Covid-19 sent all employees at my workplace home for the duration. 

Still, I do adore a nice pictorial and this one has all the elements of a true winner. I mean, it doesn't take a genius to know what's going to be coming out of blondie's jock pouch, now does it?
--- ---

Author: F.W. Love
AC 147

So F.W. Love is shaping up to be quite the contributor for this imprint.

Author Frederick W. LaCava used F.W. Love as a pseudonym and also wrote under the names John Ironstone and Martin Moore, for imprints such as The Blueboy Library and Greenleaf Classics.

He is the author of, I Am Proud To Be Gay, Now I Want To Be Free, a call to activism disguised as gay pulp fiction.

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Stud Master
Author: Kurt Kimble
AC 148
(Cover Not Found)

Now, I love me good dom, but I think my days of submitting to another and doing whatever they tell me has gone the way of the Blackberry and pagers. I still see folks advertising for house slaves and just sort of giggle. It's a lovely fantasy... but a little unrealistic, don't you think? I mean, we all have to pay bills and contribute to our 401K's, my dears.

--- ---

Author: F.W. Love
AC 149

Oh, my... this is a two for one deal. Well, count me out. The thought of being physically abused by two brothers? Not my cup of tea. Though I'm sure fans of the genre are in store for quite a literary treat. Yet another one from the prolific pen of Frederick W. LaCava!

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.

--- ---

Author: Adam Jennings
AC 150

Hmm. Something tells me it wasn't blondie's thumb sticking out that caught that highway patrol man's eye! Those jeans appear to be at their breaking point. 

Well, that's something you no longer see... a lawman willing to help out a citizen in need!

Available as a pdf or e-book at Hommi Publishing.
 
--- ---

And that's all for now.

Next week: another ten scintillating Adonis Classics.

Until then...

Thanks for reading!

Southern Boy - Jordan Rager

2 comments:

whkattk said...

I have to admit, when "Yellowstone" has scenes in the bunkhouse, the idea that they're dudes and you just know they gotta be jerking off or fucking one another comes to mind.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh, well. Hello, Jordan Rager. He could talk to me all day long with that voice! And he's easy on the eyes, too!
Where were we? The books. I find the lurid red absolutely appropriate. Also, the stories (even though rehashed) seem new with the illustrations? They're more daring, too. That tree branch, really??

XOXO