Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2022

The Blogger Police Are At It Again!

The Blogger Police Are At It Again!

I know Sixpence and whkattk have both recently been targets for some anonymous homophobe who reported certain posts of theirs.

So, I have been waiting for my turn!

This morning was it. I am now just as worthy as they are!

My blog is behind an adult content warning. So, if you click on it... well, you damn well know what you're stepping into, right?

So? What is the issue?

The thing is: they chose the tamest post possible; it's my most recent post on vintage erotic gay pulp fiction: Acquired Tastes XLIII Gay Pulp Fiction, Part 122: Adonis Classics, Part 6 of 25

This is gay history, and I supply just enough historic content to make it appear as if we care about more than just those dirty bookstore illustrations on the covers. And even then... these covers? Pretty tame stuff.

So... it got flagged, I got a notice via email, I went in and removed some links (because I thought they might be a problem), and submitted for review. Within moments I got another email telling me it had been reinstated. 

The end, right?

Nope.

It got flagged three more times!

Seems homophobes are persistent, if nothing else. 

Anyway, I see it's been reinstated again. 

And all before 7:00 am!

Let's see if it sticks.

And let's all hope this doesn't become a daily occurrence. 

abcdefu - Gayle

7 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Fuck them, indeed.
Fight the deleting. It took more than a week for them to revise mine.
Also, the 'guidelines' do not say anything about adult content. They're flagging us for 'violence' and 'hateful speech'.
Fuck the homophobes. And Google, too.

XOXO

Bob said...

If people fear what's behind the blogger warning that appears on your blog, then move the fuck along. But they wanna read it and then cleanse their hypocritical souls by complaining about.

I am in a mood today, so I will say one more thing: they can all fuck all the way off.

whkattk said...

It feels really random to me, though focused on the LGBTQ blogger community. The whole "behind the Sensitive Content warning" is total BS because we all have it. Maybe Bob is right, they click past it so they can read and see and then complain to cleanse their hypocritical selves.

SickoRicko said...

Terrible.

Mistress Maddie said...

If blogger is just going to delete posts that do not adhere to guidelines, then what's the point of having the adult content box clicked before you enter the blog? And if I'm one of them conservative assholes, and I see that box, and you're truly disturbed by what you might see, then why would you enter?

FelchingPisser said...

So, my post on October 26 for From My Side of the Sling has an extra sensitive content warning, after the usual one to get to the blog. Blogger let me know instantly that they slapped one on it. There was no time for a reader to report something in my case. I wrote asking about why the double, as the overall warning has been there from the beginning. They have not responded.

Mitchell said...

I've started getting this too at my mitchmen blog. It's an automated process, one happened the instant I published it. The frustrating thing is they don't tell you what the problem is. I have established that it's the words in the text and not the pictures. My error is usually hinting at non-consensual actions, I can't say I disagree with blogger taking exception to that, especially given the pressure they are under from the puritans themselves. I'm grateful for the free platform they give me.