Followers

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Weekend Onesie: Summer Ambitions

Weekend Onesie: 
Summer Ambitions

Yes, I'm making summer plans and spring has barely sprung. You see, I am absolutely chomping at the bit to get out to my beloved prairie. 

Will there be fun to be had? Will nature bestow upon us sunny days with perfect breezes? Will I be the belle of the ball? The toast of the land?

All delusions aside, I'm busy doing my prep work. I've cut my portions in half. I'm walking more, weather permitting, and focusing on my work-outs with an eye on the prize. 

Yes, I want to be at my best... no matter what father time cares to dole out.

In a way, I feel like Joan Crawford prepping for Berserk! or strapping on a pair of ice skates for Ice Follies 1939, or pretending I 'still got it' in Torch Song; making the best of whatever's handed her... yep! That's me.

No, I'm not trying to defy my age... I'm embracing it. And fully realize that if I wish to enjoy my time at the prairie, then I must enjoy who and what I have become. I've never been to everyone's taste. I think I might be just a bit too weird - acting and looking - for some folk. And, while no longer in my prime, I do have my imagination, and that is what has always served me best at the prairie. 

Oh, I can't wait to plant my ass under my favorite oak tree.

I plan on getting a lot of 'reading' (wink, wink) done this year.

But I'm being patient. for I want to make sure all the winter activities have had a chance to clean up and clear out. Last year, I wasted a lot of worry over whether the Loppet organization was going to do the right thing and clean up after themselves. 

Know what? It's not mine to worry about. 

This year, I'm going to be like everybody else and simply show up and enjoy whatever is... putting up with whatever is there. 

That's my plan, this summer... 

...to simple accept, embrace and, most of all, enjoy whatever comes my way. 

Wish me luck!

I'm in a mood this week.
It's all about spring... which leads to summer.
Soon? I will be in my element once more.
- uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

You're All The World To Me - Joan Crawford w/ Charles Walters
from the motion picture Torch Song (1953) 

No comments: