Followers

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Wonderland Burlesque's Love It/Lump It Quiz

Wonderland Burlesque's 
Love It/Lump It Quiz

We all go through phases... every single one of us.

We are obsessed with something until one day... you either can't stand it or you've moved on to something else.

Love it? Tell me about your current obsession or a lifelong one.

Lump it? Tell me about what you no longer have time for or can't stand. You can go all the way back to your childhood, if you like.

Now... you tell me!

--- ---

1/ Food - Love It:

Sunbest Natural Granola Clusters

I stumbled on this stuff by accident and bought a bag on a whim: 5 oz. of pure joy. 

I shouldn't eat cereal, I know. It messes with my blood sugar, but this stuff?

No artificial flavors. No added colors. Non GMO. All natural. 

There is sugar in the little peanut butter drops. And the granola and whole oats contain brown rice syrup and brown sugar. 

A fourth of a cup contains 130 calories, 1 gram of saturated fat, 1% of your daily sodium intake, 3 grams of protein and 6 grams of sugar. 

Men are supposed to only have 25 grams of sugar in a day, so this is not a healthy snack by any means. 

But it's so good. 

I bought one bag. Took it home. Ate it. Went back the next day and bought everything they had on the shelf - 23 bags. So far, I've only given three away. 

I eat it while I am blogging so I am distracted and don't feel terrible about eating it. There's an unopened bag staring at me as I write this. 

I... I should resist.

But? Life is short.

And, as the late Warren Zevon once sang, life'll kill ya!

2/ Food - Lump It:

Liver

As a kid. I loved it.

What? Is it beef? What was it?

Fried. With onions. It was a very adult thing to eat. All the other kids - brothers and sisters and cousins? Hated it. Would refuse to eat it. Which just meant there was more for me! Yes, in my young mind, quantity mattered. 

Although it has been years since I have been around it, I still remember the smell of it being prepared.

And now that I know what the function of the liver actually is, I must say, I am rather appalled that anyone would feed that to a kid. But it was cheap. It was something we could afford and my Dad happened to love it, too. 

Small wonder I became a vegetarian. 

3/ Music - Love It:

Macy Gray

Yeah, I know. I don't get it. But there's something about the woman. She speaks to me. I adore her sly, sexy ways and her cartoon voice. The music? A lot of it sounds the same, but there's enough variation where I end up really getting into it. 

Some things, you can't explain. You just accept. I would really love to see her in concert, as I think she would be a hoot and I also think hanging with her would be mind blowing. The woman possesses a lot of truth and joy. 

And, like I said, these days? That speaks to me. 

Currently have her Sellout CD in my car, and it has been in there for three weeks now. It just makes me want to dig out her other CDs and re-listen to all of them.

4/ Music - Lump It:

Kristine W

Ugh. I have to be brutally honest.

I used to adore Kristine W. This blog is filled with posts about her. But... at some point my switch moved to the off position. 

Take the most recent CD I bought. In the past? I would get her latest offering and it would play in my car non-stop for two months, minimum. This last one I bought? I've never opened it. I listened to the downloaded version maybe three times. 

I want to remain supportive, but there's something amiss in Kristine W land. I think it began the day I met her. Granted, she'd just put on a hell of a show, but she was not very present. And we'll leave it at that. 

Still a big fan. Still want to support her. But... my obsession with her? Over it.  

5/ Television Show/Movie - Love It:

Sex Education

I'd been hoping there would be another season, and when it finally arrived, I kept putting off viewing it. 

I do believe this is the final season, as the teens are now all in their final year of what we in the US know as high school. 

Everyone is back, including the lovely Gillian Anderson. The male lead, Asa Butterfield has aged a bit since I last saw him, and that was a tad off-putting at first, but I've gotten over it. It's his face. I know exactly what he's going to look like 30 years from now. There's all these telltale droops which help predict the adult face he'll have to contend with. 

I think the writing's still quite good, but... and this is a rather minor complaint, there are simply too many plots vying for attention and screen time. 

I really like the way they're dealing with non-gender conforming and LGBTQ+ kids, as well as non-traditional relationships. But they're also adding the oddest elements, for example, I find the whole crop circle narrative to be a total distraction. So far, I'm not seeing why it's part of this show. 

The other disappointment is Adam Groff, whose character I really love, but he's straight playing gay and that bothers me. I love Ncuti Gatwa. It would just be nice if he got himself a real gay to play opposite. 

It's not like there's a shortage of gay actors, dears.

Still. It's really marvelous telly. So, do tune in. 

6/ Television Show/Movie - Lump It:

Big Mouth

I loved it, initially. (Hmm. Another show about adolescent sexuality. Am I a perv?) 

But it's run it's course. 

The latest season, struck me as all kinds of wrong. They totally jumped the shark when one of the creators, Nick Kroll, insisted on appearing as himself, as in, as his human self in an episode that was way too convoluted to explain. It was the moment the show 'jumped the shark' and now, I am over it. 

A pity, really.

Especially since it's already been greenlighted for season 7. 

These shows? They really need to reign in the extraneous stuff and keep in mind that, no matter how popular, everything has a shelf life. 

The writers and voice actors had established really likable and relatable characters. And they were content with that for a bit, but season 5 went off the rail. I mean, their terrible Xmas special was extraordinarily unfunny, but Kroll breaking in as an actual human? Utter shite.

Will I continue watching? 

Not if there's something more interesting.

7/ Celebrity - Love It:

(Ugh. I am going to be 'that guy.')

None Of Them

I am so done with celebrities. I mean, sure, I still revere the classics and there are performers who warm my heart because they have a way with a song or can tell a great story or have demonstrated that they are good people. 

But I am done with thinking they are these incredible beauties who have magical abilities that help all the little people feel better about their dull gray lives. 

F 'em all. 

The bar is now set so low you have things like YouTube stars and 'influencers.' Or people pretending to be something they're not in a reality show and we're all supposed to be charmed and deem them 'special.' 

They're not. 

They just got lucky - genetics, knowing the right people, being in the right place at the right time, chasing the right trend, hopping on the latest bandwagon. Stardom is so random and commonplace now it's ridiculous. We even have a whole generation of politicians who are convinced that their social media heat is adequate proof that they're doing a great job serving their constituents. It's utter crap. And terribly embarrassing.

As citizens of this planet, too many of us have lost focus on what's important.

We really shouldn't be paying $500 a ticket to see a group of aging rock stars perform an album from 1976. 

We really shouldn't be shelling out our hard earned money in order to be able to stream all the content being offered by all these greedy media corporations.

And we really shouldn't be rewarding people with nothing to offer except scripted reality, fake drama, filtered photos, terrible behavior and botox-filled bodies. 

All those perfectly capped, bleached-teeth smiles have blinded too many of us and filled our heads with false ideas about what life is all about. 
 
Being famous, in and of itself, is not an occupation. 

If you're easily impressed by wealth and fame? Or looking for someone else to tell you what life is all about, what life is for, or what is truly important? Or feel following a trend or someone else's life is going to help 'fix' you?

Then I think you're missing something more than the answer you're seeking.

8/ Celebrity - Lump It:

See Above 

I ate half a bag of that granola while writing it!

9/ Activity - Love It:

Blogging

It's daily. Has become a huge focus in my life.

I've got it down to a very ordered procedure. That's why I have a single, differently-themed entry slotted for every day of the week - like some of my other favorite bloggers. I think of it like network programming. 

And now, I even try to write things two weeks in advance. If something comes up, like say Mother's Day and I didn't think about it until it was almost too late, I will move things around to make sure I cover it, but... to be honest? My timing really sucks. 

I miss birthdays. The anniversaries of events and deaths.

But what it's really taught me? I love writing. I love forming an opinion. I love thinking something through. I love words. I like putting them together so they have some impact. I love the discipline. The art form itself is as fascinating to me as theatre was once upon a time. 

I love editing. And rewriting. And discovering all my embarrassing typos and mistakes after a given post has already posted. 

I like reading other bloggers, learning from them and being inspired by them. Everyday I learn or see something I was unaware of before. 

It's a great community and very alive. I'm so grateful anytime someone bothers to click on a post or read something I've written. 

The other day I was looking at some of the first things posted on this blog. At the time, I had a very angry troll stalking me from a Craigslist chat thread I participated in for a brief time. He kept demanding to know who it was I was writing for and I never supplied him with an answer.

But I know now.

Well, me, of course. 

Everything we do, even when we do things for others, we do for ourselves. Because by serving the greater cause, and by that, I mean doing things beneficial for the greater community, we, ourselves are, in kind, rewarded. 

I really enjoy writing. And I appreciate Blogger for allowing me the means to do it.

For some reason, yet unknown, it just feels like what I'm supposed to be doing right now.

10/ Activity - Lump It:

Concerts

I just can't anymore. 

I don't want to be surrounded by strangers squished in an uncomfortable seat disappointed by my view of the stage. 

I don't want to feed an industry that has lost its GD mind! Ticket prices are ridiculous, not to mention all the added on fees. 

I hate getting to the venue. Uber has helped, but it's still a logistical nightmare I don't need.

And so, when I see Janis Ian on Friday, May 13th at the Stoughton Opera House in Stoughton, WI, as part of her North American farewell tour? 

I think that's the end of it for me, too.  We're sitting front row, in the balcony. 

And I can't imagine anyone I'd rather see to say good-bye with.

Sometimes, life works in mysterious ways.

--- ---

And that's all from me. 

Okay, your turn. You know what to do. 

Leave your answers in the comments section or post it on your blog and leave a link here. 

That's all for now...

Thank you for reading... and participating.

I Love It - Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX





























































Just So Over It - Trilogy

4 comments:

SickoRicko said...

I love pizza. Always have. Always will.

Mistress Maddie said...

Food - Love It- Shrimp! I've been all about shrimp lately.
Food - Lump It: Meat. Lately been bored with it.

Music - Love It: Lately obsessed with Yola. That voice!
Music- Madonna. Yep, never thought it would happen. It's the longest I've gone without listen to any of her music.

Television Show/Movie - Love It: Still... Call the Midwife, and a show called Before We Die. I was hooked, and the men on there??? HOT!

Television Show/Movie - Lump It: Hmmm, I don't watch much so that's a hard one.

Celebrity - Love It: Lump it. I don't really get all worked up over any of them either. But I am a huge fan of Cate Blanchett, Emma Thompson and Michelle Pieffer. Will watch just about anything they do.

Activity - Love It: Blogging and running, gardening.
Activity- Lump It: Going to the movies.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ohhh get them cookies!
Ok. so food: Trader Joe's fried plantains. I'm obsessed. Over peanut butter. Have never understood the allure.
Music: totally into Rosalía and Doja Cat. Over nothing.
Shows/Movies: Sex Education is the shit. Love that show. I've also put off finishing it. And now I've gotten into Elite, the Spanish Gossip Girl with the most gorgeous people I've seen. I don't watch anything that bores me, so... nothing to dump.
Celebrities? Don't follow them. Don't care about them.
Activity: Blogging! I totally got back into long form blogging after the Tumblrpocalypse and I have not looked back. Love my blogging family. And like Maddie, I have not been to the movies in forever. We used to go every week.

And that's it! Oh, and I loved those pics of men fapping to their laptops.

XOXO

whkattk said...

1. Ice cream - frozen custard, in particular. YUM.
2. Liver. Ugh!!! Hated it when I was a kid - hate it now. Won't touch the stuff.
3. Barbra. Forever and always.
4. Elton John. Nowadays - meh. Had the chance to see his Goodbye Yellow Brick Road tour - the final one. Passed on it. Though that may have been due to the whole COVID thing. But still...
5. This Is Us. OMG. Hate that this wrapping up. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - love this one, too.
6. NCIS. It's time for this to end. It's run way past its prime.
7. Well, *some* of them stay out of trouble and do good things with their platform. Keanu Reeves by all accounts.
8. The problem most get into is thinking they're entitled. That's when they can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned. I've met my share living where I live. Interesting factoid for those who get all googly-eyed and tongue-tied: They shit and have to wipe their ass just like everyone else.
9. Writing. I have to, every day. Even if it's only my blog.
10. Theatre - getting to the point where it's becoming a chore to get dressed and go to sit through yet another production of an old worn-out play or musical. The saddest part of that? I get paid to go.