Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Wednesday's Question Of The Day: Happiest Time

Wednesday's Question Of The Day:
Happiest Time

Hump day? Well, I'll give you something to ponder.

Yes, it's time for Wednesday's Question Of The Day.

Each Wednesday, a new question to give you the opportunity to do a bit of self-examination.  Think of it as a way of getting to know all about you and a chance to learn a little more about me. 

That's right. You know me; spill that tea! For I am the king of over-sharing!

Oh, and please leave your responses in the comments section. 

Why, think of this as a little blogging kiki!

Okay! Ready, set... 

Here's today's question:

When were you happiest?

When I was very young, pre-kindergarten, I lived on a farm. I adored it. It had hills and a giant pond which butted up against a sand pit. I would do nothing but wander around alone all day - because, back then, you could - maybe that was a bad idea, but no harm, no foul. I was fascinated by the butterflies, the insects, the frogs and toads, the salamanders. I loved cattails, and milkweed. I'd cut paths through the tall grass, walk along country roads, and across fields. All day long. 

Being outside was the best. I was so small and the world was so big, the grass so tall. I filled my days with wonder, amazed by everything I saw. I had no place to be, nothing to do... but simply commune with nature. 

I think that's why I enjoy the prairie and my solitude so much, today. In a small way, it takes me back to that environment. I still spend my days in awe of the beauty nature creates. And the sun. I have always loved a bright blue sky. 

I think that's why I steal away to the prairie every chance I get. And I do, it's a priority in my life, I feel beholden to it. It's my 'happy place'.

--- ---

Into The Great Wide Open - Tom Petty 
and The Heartbreakers

3 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I don't know....I'm a generally a happy person. I would venture to say though I feel I became even happier when I found out I could live alone and be very independent. I was pretty darn happy when I started that new chapter, after that long-term ended on a good note.

But agree also being outdoors whenever I can be, in nature, makes me happy too. Still does.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Love that memory!
I was also a happy child.
But I think my happiest time was in college. Discovering so many new things, living on my own, making friends that I still consider close friends, learning about life... It was the first time I had my own tribe. It was exhilarating and I even though I wanted to graduate, I knew I could not repeat that time ever again...

XOXO

whkattk said...

I think right after divorcing the first wife. I was deep into theatre and free to spend my time as I pleased, doing work that I loved.