Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Wednesday's Question Of The Day: Other People's Traits

Wednesday's Question Of The Day:
Other People's Traits

Hump day? Well, I'll give you something to ponder.

Yes, it's time for Wednesday's Question Of The Day.

Each Wednesday, a new question to give you the opportunity to do a bit of self-examination.  Think of it as a way of getting to know all about you and a chance to learn a little more about me. 

That's right. You know me; spill that tea! For I am the king of over-sharing!

Oh, and please leave your responses in the comments section. 

Why, think of this as a little blogging kiki!

Okay! Ready, set... 

Here's today's question:

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Rudeness which stems from a misguided sense of privilege and unearned entitlement. 

That covers it all. 

The littering. They way they empty their cars of fast food wrappers and used diapers by stopping in front of your house and leaving it all on your boulevard, even though there's a trash can less than two feet away. The not stopping at stop signs. The driving and parking in the bike lanes. The way they ignore speed limits and think you're the problem because you try obey them. The cutting in line. The way people mishandle the merchandise in stores. The way they never clean up after themselves - somebody else will do it.  The way it's always somebody else's fault. The way they think phones are more important than flesh and blood people. The way they will keep you waiting, because your time isn't as valuable as theirs. The little power games they play. The way they play music or a movie or a television program loudly in a public space. The way they roar their dirt bike up and down the street. The lies they tell in order to justify their behavior. The way they offer an opinion no one asked for. The way they think that repeating something often enough will make it the truth. The assumptions they make. The things they do in order to feel superior. 

Their belief that winning is everything and must be accomplished by any means possible. And that anything... anything... is justifiable - if they win.

It's all rude. Uncivil. Deplorable. 

I'm tired of it. I do my best to avoid others at all costs. 

Again... I'm simply tired. Tired of bad behavior. 

I want to live in my basement and only come out if there is the promise of gin.

For all the above reasons I hate shopping, hate driving, hate eating out, hate travelling, hate going anywhere I have not been before, hate doing people favors, hate meeting new people. 

Hate is a strong word. Yet, I don't hesitate to use it in this case. 

I wish I could opt out. I wish it didn't bother me. I wish I didn't care. 

But every time there's an incident... I feel like a little piece of me dies.

Relatively, I don't have all that much time left on this planet. 

So I'd rather not lose precious time dealing with other people's agendas, mind games, follies, picadilloes, selfish wants and assumed needs.

Yes.

I'm burnt out. 

Now, if you'll excuse me...

I have to go get ready. 

I believe someone mentioned there might be a gin martini in the offing. 

--- ---

Bad Behavior - Mexican Dubwiser 
feat. Myron Glasper, Ulises Lozano, Billy Gould

5 comments:

Bob said...

Ignorance, willful ignorance.
The 'I don't vote because it doesn't really matter' willful ignorance.

Rudeness, though, is a close second.

Mistress Maddie said...

Hands down....Hearing people eat with their mouths open and chewing gum!!!!!

Gary M. said...

I have to agree with Bob on this topic. Ignorance above all else. That person that thinks they have all the answers when their only source of knowledge are sound bites that their favorite person is expounding upon. Unaware of how anything actually truly works and adamant that their opinion is the only one that matters. How can so many people in this world be totally clueless???

whkattk said...

Dishonesty. Oh, I abhor folks who spout the bullshit - knowing they're spouting bullshit.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oh, yes.
Entitlement is a pet peeve of mine, too.
But I despise people who lie. Why the fuck? And they are lying to themselves, because others just take them by their word. Ugh.

XOXO