Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Wednesday's Question Of The Day: Your Greatest Achievement

Wednesday's Question Of The Day:
Your Greatest Achievement

Hump day? Well, I'll give you something to ponder.

Yes, it's time for Wednesday's Question Of The Day.

Each Wednesday, a new question to give you the opportunity to do a bit of self-examination.  Think of it as a way of getting to know all about you and a chance to learn a little more about me. 

That's right. You know me; spill that tea! For I am the king of over-sharing!

Oh, and please leave your responses in the comments section. 

Why, think of this as a little blogging kiki!

Okay! Ready, set... 

Here's today's question:

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Being alive.

I always joke that, at my age, I'm just happy to be anywhere... but it's true.

I'm still here.

I really shouldn't be, but I am.

When I think of all those who went before me? Well, life isn't fair.

I'm still not sure what it's all about, Alfie... but apparently I'm sticking around to find out.

1996 was the worst of it. Raise a glass to healthy denial. Who knew? But as I slogged through it, and honestly, I don't think I would have the fortitude to do it again, it never occurred to me that there could be an end. 

I tend to like to see the end of the movie, read to the end of the book. So, I think it's due to my natural curiosity that I survived.

That kind of tenacity should be celebrated. It wasn't stubbornness, it was naivety

Anyway, I have kept moving forward, putting one foot in front of the other all these years. And I really have no intention of stopping. There's still so much to be done, to see and to do. 

Most plays only have three acts. I'm at the beginning of my fourth. And, if I have my way, there'll be a fifth. 

I feel for the audience.

Some actors never know when to leave the stage.

--- ---

Ghosttown - Madonna

3 comments:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Whoa.
This one is fantastic, Upton.
I think most of us can say that staying put and even thriving is our greatest achievement. So much is stacked against us that sometimes I wonder how we've made it. But we have.
And that counts.

Love me some Madge, too.

XOXO

Mistress Maddie said...

For finding my independence!!! When I came out I had my fair share of sex, but then would start dating then turned into relationships, so bad and some good and ranging from 6 months to 14 years. I think part of my thought I would function without being partnered...happiness and financially. But when the 14 year relationship ended, I was all about me...and I did it and found myself. and could make it and on my terms.

whkattk said...

I think it's helping nurture a theatre company from a tiny store front with 48 seats to a multi-stage venue (one seats 160, the other 55). They open their 47th season in September. That's my greatest achievement so far --- if I have the stamina to withstand the rigors of the M.D.